High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (SotFattest Ep33)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Thalarctia

Re: High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (S2 Ep12+ new speci

Post by Thalarctia »

Just updated the OP with a brand new screenshot of the base. This screenshot was literally taken minutes before this post, so it will without doubt contain some details and such that have yet to appear in the series (yay for backlogged footage) :)
Thalarctia

Re: High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (S2 Ep13!)

Post by Thalarctia »

Spoiler
Show
...Do we have a problem?

That's blight in case anyone is wondering...
Conscript Gary

Post by Conscript Gary »

...All of it?
Oh my.
Padfoote

Post by Padfoote »

Hmmm... That doesn't look good at all.
Thalarctia

Re: High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (S2 Ep17!)

Post by Thalarctia »

Just to give you guys a brief update, the blight has been safely contained. Episode 17 was released today, but that was recorded before the blight outbreak, thus the reason it is not yet mentioned in the series. We're in a situation with quite a bit of backlogged footage (we've had to as work schedules and such have been changing), so sometimes news about stuff not yet seen in the series does surface, either here or on IRC - So don't fret, we will get to talk about the blight in the series soon enough, but when you have to coordinate 4 people playing together, its a lot easier to record a lot when people are around, than trying to meet up often for short bits.
tspriggs

Re: High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (S2 Ep18!)

Post by tspriggs »

What would you guys think to live streams? mainly of off screen goings on at the highstakeslp base of operations or on other projects on minecraft with better than wolves! Maybe even other games that we play in our spare time could be hosted on there: for example Civilizations 5, borderlands 2 etc.

So let us know if that sparks an interest and we will go from there!

Tspriggs
Gormador

Re: High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (S2 Ep18!)

Post by Gormador »

Not a spark, but there's definitely a fire going on.

(It means I'm all for it. Yeah, I know. Leave me alone! :p )
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Thalarctia

Re: High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (S2 Ep19!)

Post by Thalarctia »

Episode 19 has been uploaded and released - For those of you wondering about the aftermath of the previously posted pictures of our blight 'issue', this is an episode you cannot miss.

For those of you who do not wish to see proper scientific experimentation with the blight, with methods totally not copied directly from the BTW wiki at all, you might wanna open up the episode, hit the like button, watch the first 10 mins and then leave. :)
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

I learnt more that I didn't know in the first 10 minutes than in the last 10 :P
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
Six

Post by Six »

Thalarctia wrote:Episode 19 has been uploaded and released - For those of you wondering about the aftermath of the previously posted pictures of our blight 'issue', this is an episode you cannot miss.

For those of you who do not wish to see proper scientific experimentation with the blight, with methods totally not copied directly from the BTW wiki at all, you might wanna open up the episode, hit the like button, watch the first 10 mins and then leave. :)
Haha, I'm sure FlowerChild would love the first 10 minutes of the latest episode. Trails and tribulations of always leaving beacons on.
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

Six wrote:Haha, I'm sure FlowerChild would love the first 10 minutes of the latest episode. Trails and tribulations of always leaving beacons on.
Probably :) It's also generally been very tempting to post a lot of the stories from our server on the various story threads around the forum, but since the stories are recorded, it makes a lot more sense to go "Hey, we had an awesome experience with beacons, go watch our youtube series!". And then we start getting second thoughts, as posting links to our youtube in every single story/build thread could quickly become quite obnoxious :)

In other news, we recently did a recording session together with Jeet, where we gave him a tour of our base, and then went on to make some actual progress in our base with his assistance. The tour part of this is already out on Jeet's youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/JeetTol), but it will also be released as a special on our channel later today. We have a bit of footage backlogged from our last recording session before Jeet, which will then come out after, so there will be a small break in the timeline. Figure it will be less awkward with a small timeline break, than uploading the same bit as Jeet a week or two after he did :)

EDIT: The world tour with Jeet is now released for your viewing pleasure!
Padfoote

Re: High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (S2 Ep19 + new spec

Post by Padfoote »

I've been following this series for quite some time now (S1 E10 if I remember correctly) and I really enjoy watching the current season. The builds you guys put together are really amazing to see, both in completed form and while they're being created. The series has also provided quite a bit of motivation to start automating systems as well as to create a sorting system for my mob trap after seeing what your system can do.

Keep up the amazing work guys, I always look forward to watching every episode that you release.
Foxy Boxes

Re: High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (S2 Ep20 + new spec

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Gah, sneaky update to Episode 20 there! Almost didn't catch it!
Will edit in response once I've watched it.

EDIT: As always, a good episode. Although you might find the Groth to be a little less generic and a little more... carnivorous.
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
Thalarctia

Re: High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (S2 Ep20 + timelaps

Post by Thalarctia »

Oh dear, what have I done?

Well, I'd better confess. High Stakes now has a twitter, so I guess we can tweet now? *makes bird noises*

Anyway, if any of you guys fancy being informed whenever we do new stuff or have a bowel movement, you can follow us @HighStakesLP (https://twitter.com/HighStakesLP).

Also, hope you guys are enjoying the Medieval Inn timelapse!
Foxy Boxes

Re: High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (S2 Ep21 + timelaps

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Episode 22 is up. I must thank you guys, all my nether mobtrap ideas were complex beasts with shifting walls. Now I have a simpler design in mind.
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

Foxy Boxes wrote:Episode 22 is up. I must thank you guys, all my nether mobtrap ideas were complex beasts with shifting walls. Now I have a simpler design in mind.
Yeah, the design does come with a disclaimer: This is the f**cked up brain child of Jerry, and there are no guarantees that it will work :)
wirer

Post by wirer »

no guarantee it's going to fail either.

may watch for mobtrap ideas. nether is a harsh place
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Well I will be making a slight modification in that there'll be two air spaces then vine traps, but other than that I can't see why it wouldn't.
tspriggs

Re: High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (Early game ep2)

Post by tspriggs »

Another session of recording has been completed and we are still on the hunt!

And on that note, episode 2 has been uploaded and annotated.

enjoy

Tspriggs
Thalarctia

Re: High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (Early game ep3)

Post by Thalarctia »

The OP has been updated with episode 3. We have quite a bit of footage lying around at the moment, so if time allows, I will attempt to throw out the next couple of episodes with slightly smaller delay, as there is a specific bit of footage that we're all quite anxious to show you guys :)

And as always, any and all feedback that you guys have would be much appreciated! We still consider ourselves rather new at this whole YouTube thing, so if you tell us what you want to watch, there is a higher chance that we can deliver :)
Thalarctia

Re: High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (Early game ep6)

Post by Thalarctia »

The OP has been updated with Survival of the Fattest episode 6, featuring Jeet and Icynewyear! Watch as we once again prove that progress on our server is inversely proportional to the number of people online!
Thalarctia

Re: High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (SotFattest Ep8)

Post by Thalarctia »

The OP has been updated with Survival of the Fattest episode 8, which was just released! The days of wandering around like madmen finally come to and end, as the derpy crew manages to cross the desert and find salvation!
DukeCunning

Re: High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (SotFattest Ep8)

Post by DukeCunning »

from the other thread ;-)
DukeCunning wrote:
Thalarctia wrote:
DukeCunning wrote: -EDIT: I am watching Season 1 to see if I can watch you build the castle ;-)
You might be disappointed there, as we only really start on the actual castle in season two, and actually do most of it off-camera. S2E22 does contain a design for a nether mob trap, although its still largely untested, as we started our early game survival series soon after. We'll get back to it soon enough, once we get tired of handcranking, but it will be some episodes yet :)

Glad you're enjoying the series though!

Yes, I am enjoying the series. I did see you start to build the castle in Season 2. What I should have said is that I thought the WHOLE base was COOL. So, I guess I wanted to see how you built the base before Season 2. I am on Episode 30 of Season 1 (I really thought there was only 22 episodes for some reason but am happy enough that there was more.)

I, also, had seen the first part of the episode of your new series and I remember what you said about it and it was totally logical (you wanted to play around with HCH, etc.)

I thought "no kidding" when you mentioned in S01E30-ish about "our whole group consists of really good builders" -LOL

Hehe. Also, anticipating when it will be mentioned how you were the only one that seemed to really care about getting things done (although it could appear that way due to "editing" ;-) )

Thanks for the interesting and fun series.
Ok, I have now finished Season 1 and it showed me what I was looking for. Pretty much how you went about building your base. I have watched half of Season 2 and six episodes of Survival of the Fattest.

Looking forward to watching the new episodes.
Danjal

Re: High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (SotFattest Ep9)

Post by Danjal »

So... found your series a few days back and started watching it from the start.
Almost through the first season so I expect to be through the entire thing today or tomorrow *_*

Very enjoyable, you do some very interesting builds.
The dynamics between everyone remind me of my old minecraft server, couple of people that know what they're doing, couple of people that want to learn/help and the occasional clown thats just messing around.
Looking forward to see how this progresses =)
Thalarctia

Re: High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (SotFattest Ep9)

Post by Thalarctia »

The High Stakes crew and I have been working on a little something-something. Inspired by threads such as Elevator Pitch for BTW (old thread in the off-topic section), where people have tried to come up with ways of introducing friends and other people to the mod, we have made a proper 'trailer' for the mod. An easy way of answering the question "What is BTW about?" in 2 minutes.

In the writing process, we've tried to incorporate what we feel is the essence of BTW. There is a bit of lore, bit of humour, explosions, big builds and a sprinkle of automation. Hopefully you guys will enjoy it!

We already posted on the MCF thread, but figured it would make sense to put it here as well.