4.66 Spoiler Discussion (SPOILERS...no shit)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: 4.66 Spoiler Discussion (SPOILERS...no shit)

Post by FlowerChild »

Yup, sounds like a bug, and makes sense. Vanilla's system for displaying names also completely changed with 1.5, so it sounds like I missed something in rewriting that code.
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

I might be way too paranoic, but have I noticed that nether fortress mobs are spawning near my portal in the overworld now, and my portal in the nether is a little far from the fortress
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Have not had any fortress mobs via the portal however I feel their spawn range is larger. If I had a wither skele or blaze get the jump on me at base I would lock those portals down hard :P
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

err... i found something im not completly sure it is FC doing but it just made too much sense to be a vanilla change (that and no wiki information).

So you know all those abandoned mineshafts chests? Yeah they are Minecart chests now, nice touch! I only wish i was smart enough to take a screenshot =(
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

That's 1.5 vanilla.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
BobSlingblade679

Post by BobSlingblade679 »

Creeper oysters don't seem to be an alchemy ingredient. They won't brew at all. I haven't tried cooking with them, yet. I'm a little nervous to put them over a fire.

Anyone else find anything new on them?
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I too would like to know if anyone has found any use for them. They don't cook, they don't render down to kibble, they don't react in the crucible, they don't brew. I'm not sure what else to try...
savagelung

Post by savagelung »

FC posted this spoiler in a previous thread:
1 carrot + 1 potato + creeper oysters + zombie in gimp suit in the cauldron = ?
Despite my best efforts, I have been unable to get a zombie to actually enter a cauldron, so I have not been able to figure this one out.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I believe that was a joke...
savagelung

Post by savagelung »

Sarudak wrote:I believe that was a joke...
Aw damn, do I feel like a fool now! Haha
Rob

Post by Rob »

This may have just been a weird situation, but I happened apon the bottom of a spider spawner dungeon. While digging around to get into it safely, a dozen spiders spawned to try and kill me. I was hearing what sounded like spiders taking damage, and then one died. And another. I made a hole in the floor to see what was going on. They seem to attack each other if there are too many in an enclosed area, once the number of spiders got below 6 they stopped killing each other.

Edit: Come to think of it. This may have just been fall dmg.. if they were climbing the walls of the dungeon room and jumping down, it might be high enough to take fall dmg.
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

It actually was probably not fall damage. If at any moment in time they got a clear enough line of sight to spit a web at you they could have struck one another and aggroed. It wouldn't take much for this to turn into an all out battle between spiders. I've actually had a perpetually dying/spawning spider spawner going for a while, it was amusing to watch.
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
BobSlingblade679

Post by BobSlingblade679 »

In regard to oysters, I've tried crafting them with red shrooms and spider eyes. Nothing. Though, I still think there might be something there. They all have the similar attribute of harming the player when eaten so I think they may be all used together for something.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Finally got a chance to poke around this release. Yay rotating axles look awesome! Also I'm so excited to finally have a dark stone material. Eventually that will be evident on the server after I kill the wither and get a fortune enchant or beacon.

As far as oysters go, well I got a good laugh when I found them in my ssp mob farm. It just makes sense that in btw we would be playing with an exploding penile shaped mobs 'oysters'
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Fortune does not work on nether quartz sadly. No idea why as it does not drop it's block...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Fortune does not work on nether quartz sadly. No idea why as it does not drop it's block...
You sure about that?

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Nether_quartz_ore
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Hmmm... Odd. I mined two veins using a fortune I pick and received no bonus quartz. Perhaps I was very extremely unlucky?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Hmmm... Odd. I mined two veins using a fortune I pick and received no bonus quartz. Perhaps I was very extremely unlucky?
Probably. I've done it myself using a fortune beacon and gotten the bonus drops.

This is rather off-topic though, as this is vanilla behavior, and we have an ongoing problem in this thread with people posting about vanilla features as if they're part of the mod instead of looking them up for themselves.
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

Just now I found that a spider had shot a web at my windmill and broke it off. Luckily the windmill was still there sitting on the ground just outside my door... with a creeper standing just outside... and obvious things come to obvious things, i run outside and pick up the windmill to the sound of the facade of my house being blown to bits. There was a lot of damage because most of it was made of glass...
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.