Ivalice (Original Server) Better Than Solo [BTW 4.8912]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Psion

Re: Better Than Solo - Friendly - Whitelist [BTW 4.67]

Post by Psion »

! YAY! I have a new home to look forward too! ^_^

Can't wait to meet everyone, I'll drop in soon and say hello! ...Even though I really should work on my homework instead. lol

By the way andre, is there a particular distance you want people to stay from spawn? I'm not planning on going crazy far out like 20k blocks, but I prefer building a few thousand blocks out or so, since that gives me space in the nether to build large if needed. Just wanted to check, since I know some server OPs don't like people building too far out. XD
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

Psion wrote:! YAY! I have a new home to look forward too! ^_^

Can't wait to meet everyone, I'll drop in soon and say hello! ...Even though I really should work on my homework instead. lol

By the way andre, is there a particular distance you want people to stay from spawn? I'm not planning on going crazy far out like 20k blocks, but I prefer building a few thousand blocks out or so, since that gives me space in the nether to build large if needed. Just wanted to check, since I know some server OPs don't like people building too far out. XD
You can build as far away as you want from spawn. There are nearby areas that are pretty untouched though.
Psion

Post by Psion »

morsmaestro wrote:You can build as far away as you want from spawn. There are nearby areas that are pretty untouched though.
Awesome, thanks for the info.
ClockworkHearts

Post by ClockworkHearts »

Hello and thanks for taking the time to read my application. ^_^ I've been playing Minecraft for years and have become rather fond of BTW. I haven't been able to play as much as I like lately since I am a big league of legends player, but I am getting that Minecraft urge again and have started looking around for a long time server and long time friends. The server looks absolutely perfect. Not too big, very authentic and comfortable, just right for me in my opinion. :3 I'm 20, I will be attending the University of Utah as a Entrepreneurship major this fall. I don't have many plans for the summer other than to help my parents with their business, Photoshop, draw a lot, and hang out with friends. I've ran and played on many servers but the mindset of running a server is completely different from that of playing on one. I prefer being the player.

My IGN is: ClockworkHearts
Here are some pictures of a build I did alone:
http://imgur.com/eCePCGA
http://imgur.com/alnU957

I won't build like that on the server but I do have style and though cobbleboxes are functional, I refuse to build them. xD

Once again thanks for your time! :D Yes I read the rules, I agree to them. :3 Quiet simple and easy to be a good person.
Last edited by ClockworkHearts on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mevansuto

Post by Mevansuto »

Whitelist application:

Hello. I'm Robert Furey, known to the gaming community as Mevansuto. This is the first post I've made on these forums and I haven't done anything on my IGN yet (which is also Mevansuto) but I plan to in start using it a lot more. I personally have been playing BTW for awhile now but I still am a bit of a noob when it comes to mods. I've read the rules repeatedly and agree with them entirely, although I must say I plan on staying at a place quite a way away from spawn so I'm not disrupting anything. In my Minecraft I currently also have VoxelGet installed. If you think this will be a problem I'll uninstall it.
I've become a valued member of other gaming communities, particularly a Minecraft server called Roleplaycraft where I formed my own secluded village and maintained it with a total of 10 villagers. I've been known to take things in a light heart, for example at one point I was banned from Roleplaycraft and replied with this response: http://www.roleplaycraft.net/forum/view ... f=6&t=6689.
I believe that article above says a lot about me and I believe that should be taken into account when reviewing my whitelist request. If you wouldn't mind could my friends keatk, ficherman and mine_ghast could get whitelisted as well so I could play with them. The 4 of us are all under 18 but our averages age is 16. We are a mixture of two Englishmen and two Dutchmen. Thank-you for listening to me and goodbye.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

ClockworkHearts wrote: Yes I read the rules.
Hey! Great post. Make a quick edit to actually say that you agree to the rules and I'll whitelist you :)
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Mevansuto wrote:I'm Robert Furey, known to the gaming community as Mevansuto.
Hey Mevansuto! I've added you to the whitelist. I do not whitelist groups unless I already know the person making the request, so either you can play on the server for a bit or your friends can make separate whitelist requests. Also, while posting your own personally identifying information (assuming that was your real name) is not against the rules, please ask your friends to not post their full names as well. IGN is good enough :) See you soon!
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

hey andre did you know theres a base out where I'm going? xD

http://server.betterthansolo.com/livemap/#7/-11410/3314

seems pretty large, any idea who's that is?

also: http://server.betterthansolo.com/livemap/#8/-11526/3678

wonder who's gaining a neighbor lol or if it's an old base from when this was anarchy?

found a third one xD http://server.betterthansolo.com/livemap/#7/-16146/757

haha seems im not the only one who ever went to base this far out? :o
Rawr :D
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

The second and third link you have there are of villages. The latter is one that Nazo probably went to find carrots on the carrot update.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

ahh cool so just villages then :) was wondering what they were haha I saw em o nthe night view of the map while i was waiting for night to pass i ngame XD

haha tho apparently mikko made something out here before he got banned: http://server.betterthansolo.com/livemap/#9/-14332/1617

xD
Rawr :D
ClockworkHearts

Post by ClockworkHearts »

andreinawolf wrote:
ClockworkHearts wrote: Yes I read the rules.
Hey! Great post. Make a quick edit to actually say that you agree to the rules and I'll whitelist you :)

Done. :D
Mevansuto

Post by Mevansuto »

andreinawolf wrote:
Mevansuto wrote:I'm Robert Furey, known to the gaming community as Mevansuto.
Hey Mevansuto! I've added you to the whitelist. I do not whitelist groups unless I already know the person making the request, so either you can play on the server for a bit or your friends can make separate whitelist requests. Also, while posting your own personally identifying information (assuming that was your real name) is not against the rules, please ask your friends to not post their full names as well. IGN is good enough :) See you soon!
Sorry, I was unaware of the rule of not stating my name. I completely understand about you not whitelisting my friends. I shouldn't have asked for them. I look forward to playing on your server, thanks.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

ClockworkHearts wrote:Yes I read the rules, I agree to them.
Whitelisted! See you soon!
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Mevansuto wrote:Sorry, I was unaware of the rule of not stating my name. I completely understand about you not whitelisting my friends. I shouldn't have asked for them. I look forward to playing on your server, thanks.
Not a problem. It's in the forums rules about personally identifying information.

Also, it's fine that you asked for your friends to be whitelisted too :) I don't have a posted rule about it. It's something I just tell people when it comes up.
Event_Horizon6

Post by Event_Horizon6 »

Hey guys & girls (or anyone who concerns themselves with white-listing me), my IGN is Event_Horizon6, and I'm raring to get going on this server. I used to play BTW a lot about a year and a half ago (probably around Minecraft beta 1.7.3), and I've recently come back to it because I like the feel and atmosphere it gives to the game. After discovering that there were servers like this one, I skimmed around and thought this one was very suitable to my tastes!:)

I played on a vanilla server named NoBullCraft for about two years, watched them expand, and became a veteran resident there; though I wasn't well known for building anything fantastic, or in fact being a chatterbox. I usually keep to myself and work on appropriate personal projects in isolation. This doesn't mean I'm unfriendly, of course I participate in conversation and join the occasional group project. The biggest appeal of SMP for me is knowing that there are other people around; SSP can prove to be pretty lonely.

I'm currently 17 years old, male, just a month shy of graduating high school and two months shy of being an adult. I live in Michigan currently, and will be attending Michigan State University in the fall as a Physics major; and a member of the marching band's drumline! So that's exciting.

I hope that this isn't going to appear to be some kind of indicator that I didn't read the rules (because I DID, I promise), but where do hot topic discussions stand on the forums and on the server? Specifically, religion, politics, controlled substances. I don't have any issue with what anyone talks about or how they feel one way or another, I was just curious.

Well, I'm hoping for a reply soon then!
I'd also like to add that I do agree to all of the rules posted. Can't wait to get playing..!
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Event_Horizon6 wrote:my IGN is Event_Horizon6

I'd also like to add that I do agree to all of the rules posted.
Added to the whitelist, even though your forum pic is annoying as hell :P See you soon!
Event_Horizon6

Post by Event_Horizon6 »

andreinawolf wrote:
Event_Horizon6 wrote:my IGN is Event_Horizon6

I'd also like to add that I do agree to all of the rules posted.
Added to the whitelist, even though your forum pic is annoying as hell :P See you soon!
:p note taken. Thanks!
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

Hi there.

I'd like to appeal my ban. I understand that duping was against server rules, and i understand why you'd be upset. It wouldn't be fair if i had an advantage over others.
lifeiwater

Post by lifeiwater »

Mikko_blu wrote:Hi there.

I'd like to appeal my ban. I understand that duping was against server rules, and i understand why you'd be upset. It wouldn't be fair if i had an advantage over others.

Rofl. All i got to say about this. ^_^
OldMarriedDude

Post by OldMarriedDude »

Hi Im Oldmarrieddude (IGN) Ive been playing BTW for a while on LAN with my kid but he has dropped MC/BTW. never played on a server before and would like to give it a go. I'm not particularly chatty nor am I a design genius but I can build machines that work and sometimes they actually look decent. Ive read the rules and agree with them, Ive also read the guide. As far as my age...well I remember Ronald Reagan getting shot...
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

lifeiwater wrote:
Mikko_blu wrote:Hi there.

Rofl. All i got to say about this. ^_^
That's ironic. Didn't you spawn a level 4 emerald beacon?
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

OldMarriedDude wrote:Hi Im Oldmarrieddude (IGN)
Added to the whitelist! I'll be out most of today but hopefully the guide for new players will help you get started :)
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Mikko_blu wrote:
lifeiwater wrote:Rofl. All i got to say about this. ^_^
That's ironic. Didn't you spawn a level 4 emerald beacon?
Buuuuuuurrnnnnn! Not sure what life was implying there tbh lol. He probably just wanted to scare people with his forum pic.

In regards to the appeal: I'm going to be pretty busy today but I'll spend some time tomorrow deciding on how to go forward.
OldMarriedDude

Post by OldMarriedDude »

andreinawolf wrote:
Added to the whitelist! I'll be out most of today but hopefully the guide for new players will help you get started :)
Tried to get in says Im not whitelisted
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

OldMarriedDude wrote:
andreinawolf wrote:
Tried to get in says Im not whitelisted
Happened to have the server logs open just before I ran out the door and saw the failed login attempts. Your IGN is actually OlderMarriedDude not OldMarriedDude. I've added the correct IGN to the whitelist :)