Suggestions for what I should to do NEXT

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
DukeCunning

Suggestions for what I should to do NEXT

Post by DukeCunning »

Hi All,

I have tried doing search for "what to do next" and "advanced btw" but no luck (too many hits for "do").

Here is what I have automated (the rest I do manually):
1. mob farm
2. wood processor
3. chicken farm that just lays eggs
4. soul urn factory (not completely automated, still need to move items from one section to next, but works GREAT)

so, I have plenty of food, iron, feathers, leather, bookshelves, soul forged steel, wolves, nether warts.

I have not hunted swamp witches and I don't have an ocelot to keep creepers away.

I have gone to the Nether (just to find and farm nether warts).

Any suggestions on what to do NEXT?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by DukeCunning on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thalarctia

Re: Suggestions for what to do next

Post by Thalarctia »

Do you have any beacons up and running? A nether mob trap perhaps, to provide gold and wither heads for said beacon?

Automation of all the vegetables into a stew-machine? Automating wheat is one of the most fun challenges I've had in BTW.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Tree farms are always fun. Have them feeding a nethercoal generator for added fun.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Padfoote

Post by Padfoote »

1) Try automating the feeding of your wolves. It's easy, but very rewarding.
2) Automatic cow and pig farms for food and leather. Not always easy but rewarding.
3) Automatic wheat farm, and then hook it into your cow farm.
4) Automate a tree farm; not easy at all but VERY rewarding when you pull it off.
5) Try making an auto kiln for charcoal production if you haven't already.
6) Auto sheep shearing if you use a lot of wool.
7) Endermen farm.
8) An Endstone farm.
If I can think of some more I'll edit this post. Good luck!
DukeCunning

Post by DukeCunning »

Padfoote wrote:1) Try automating the feeding of your wolves. It's easy, but very rewarding.
2) Automatic cow and pig farms for food and leather. Not always easy but rewarding.
3) Automatic wheat farm, and then hook it into your cow farm.
4) Automate a tree farm; not easy at all but VERY rewarding when you pull it off.
5) Try making an auto kiln for charcoal production if you haven't already.
6) Auto sheep shearing if you use a lot of wool.
7) Endermen farm.
8) An Endstone farm.

Well, I JUST learned how to do what I have done. Took me a long time to get the mob farm to work for some reason. I had read a lot about it but never got to actually to do it. Most of what I read was before Hardcore Buckets.

I have not killed many Endermen. They kill me more often than I kill them. I haven't learned how to make a mob farm in the nether because there is no water.

I have not been to the End. (I don't even know how to get there. -Edit: I just looked this up in Vanilla MC Wiki.)

I guess I need to explore more. I just didn't want to do much before until I had lots of arrows.

I LOVE the Mattock tool and the Composite Bow with the Broadhead Arrows.

I am playing the world that I have had for awhile. Not much was done before but got me started on Leather, Iron, Wolves etc. I wanted to finish the game ONCE first, before I started a new world.

I only have one ender pearl.
Last edited by DukeCunning on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

If you are at a level where you are self-sufficient, think about what you may want in future. The best projects are those born from a need. If you want something, learn how to get it done, or make it convenient for you. The desire also becomes motivation to push yourself into getting it done, with innovative ideas.

If you really want nothing but something to do, go build a monument. and all the material production facilities for it.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I am a big enough man to admit that I almost threw a hairy fit upon seeing this thread title, only to say "oh...that's cool" upon opening it :)
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

I had almost the same exact reaction flowerchild ;)

On topic,however, fully auto tanned leather factories are pretty much the most rewarding thing to build ever
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
DukeCunning

Post by DukeCunning »

Thalarctia wrote:Do you have any beacons up and running? A nether mob trap perhaps, to provide gold and wither heads for said beacon?

Automation of all the vegetables into a stew-machine? Automating wheat is one of the most fun challenges I've had in BTW.
No beacons, I don't have or know what a nether star is. Off to the wiki... OK, it looks like I need to hunt Withers ;-)

Thanks for the advice. I don't have the resources for Beacons and was afraid of "consequences".
DukeCunning

Post by DukeCunning »

FlowerChild wrote:I am a big enough man to admit that I almost threw a hairy fit upon seeing this thread title, only to say "oh...that's cool" upon opening it :)

Sorry FC. I wouldn't mind changing the thread title to something better if anyone has any suggestions on that.

;-)

Thanks for what you do and who you are, FC.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

No apologies necessary man. It gave me a chuckle is all, based on how my own perceptions messed with me :)
DukeCunning

Post by DukeCunning »

TheGatesofLogic wrote:I had almost the same exact reaction flowerchild ;)

On topic,however, fully auto tanned leather factories are pretty much the most rewarding thing to build ever
You know, once I finally did some automation I learned that "doing" teaches more than "reading about" is able. And "automation" and "doing" are a big part of BTW.
DiamondArms wrote:If you are at a level where you are self-sufficient, think about what you may want in future. The best projects are those born from a need. If you want something, learn how to get it done, or make it convenient for you. The desire also becomes motivation to push yourself into getting it done, with innovative ideas.

If you really want nothing but something to do, go build a monument. and all the material production facilities for it.
Yes, I see. I agree that playing more will give me needs that will lead to more projects. I didn't say that I don't have anything to do. There is lots to do. I just need suggestions on what to do "Next".

Thanks to all for responding.
enzyme_a113_2

Re: Suggestions for what I should to do NEXT

Post by enzyme_a113_2 »

Turn your world into a server and invite a few friends over for an adventure...
0player

Re: Suggestions for what I should to do NEXT

Post by 0player »

enzyme_a113_2 wrote:Turn your world into a server and invite a few friends over for an adventure...
Hee hee... for an adventure. See if they could make it from spawn point to your base without getting trapped or killed.
romer

Post by romer »

Padfoote wrote: 8) An Endstone farm.
How do you make an endstone farm? Is there a way to conjure endstone?

Anyways I've always wanted to make a Floating Plane Base with windmills as Propelers and an anchor and rope to get to the ground but I haven't really gotten very far, updates always forces me to start fresh. So maybe you should do that.
Forum discussion about the Gimp Suit
FlowerChild wrote:
eternal8phoenix wrote:Also my mum would not be pleased.
Then she's not wearing it right.
Six

Post by Six »

romer wrote:
Padfoote wrote: 8) An Endstone farm.
How do you make an endstone farm? Is there a way to conjure endstone?
When endermen spawn in the end, they are holding a piece of endstone. They will walk around for a while, place it down somewhere, then disappear again. This also ties into their behavior in the overworld, which makes the enderman lore in BTW so much cooler than vanilla.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Six wrote: When endermen spawn in the end, they are holding a piece of endstone. They will walk around for a while, place it down somewhere, then disappear again. This also ties into their behavior in the overworld, which makes the enderman lore in BTW so much cooler than vanilla.
And this comes with the added benefit of having to design around endstone placement instead of just copy/pasting the same mob trap that you might have already built in the overworld :)
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
DukeCunning

Post by DukeCunning »

Thalarctia wrote:Do you have any beacons up and running? A nether mob trap perhaps, to provide gold and wither heads for said beacon?

Thanks again all. Well, I started watching "Better Than Wolves SMP Let's Play - S2 Ep1 - Back in the Saddle" for some ideas. I am on episode 10. That is a fantastic castle and other creations!

I still have no idea on how to make a nether mob farm or end mob farm so I need to do more learning ;-)

The information seems to sink in only when I become ready for it.

;-)

-EDIT: I am watching Season 1 to see if I can watch you build the castle ;-)
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

DukeCunning wrote: -EDIT: I am watching Season 1 to see if I can watch you build the castle ;-)
You might be disappointed there, as we only really start on the actual castle in season two, and actually do most of it off-camera. S2E22 does contain a design for a nether mob trap, although its still largely untested, as we started our early game survival series soon after. We'll get back to it soon enough, once we get tired of handcranking, but it will be some episodes yet :)

Glad you're enjoying the series though!
DukeCunning

Post by DukeCunning »

Thalarctia wrote:
DukeCunning wrote: -EDIT: I am watching Season 1 to see if I can watch you build the castle ;-)
You might be disappointed there, as we only really start on the actual castle in season two, and actually do most of it off-camera. S2E22 does contain a design for a nether mob trap, although its still largely untested, as we started our early game survival series soon after. We'll get back to it soon enough, once we get tired of handcranking, but it will be some episodes yet :)

Glad you're enjoying the series though!

Yes, I am enjoying the series. I did see you start to build the castle in Season 2. What I should have said is that I thought the WHOLE base was COOL. So, I guess I wanted to see how you built the base before Season 2. I am on Episode 30 of Season 1 (I really thought there was only 22 episodes for some reason but am happy enough that there was more.)

I, also, had seen the first part of the episode of your new series and I remember what you said about it and it was totally logical (you wanted to play around with HCH, etc.)

I thought "no kidding" when you mentioned in S01E30-ish about "our whole group consists of really good builders" -LOL

Hehe. Also, anticipating when it will be mentioned how you were the only one that seemed to really care about getting things done (although it could appear that way due to "editing" ;-) )

Thanks for the interesting and fun series.