Item sprites are messed up

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
topster88

Item sprites are messed up

Post by topster88 »

Initially when I installed the mod it all looked fine. Then I installed Equivalent Exchange, and suddenly all the sprites for BTW look wrong; the new detector rails have been replaced by sprites of iron and gold blocks, the vase is purple, other stuff looks like each side came from a different texture, etc. I even downloaded a texture pack that specifically supports this mod to make sure it wasn't just a problem with my pack.

The thing is, once I set the item in the world it looks and functions fine. I'm thinking the problem may be with Scokeev9's Item Sprite API which was required for EE, but I know people have run these mods together without problems. Is it possible that some of the items share the same item code?

Is there a fix to this? I even ran the HD patcher for good measure but no luck.
Battosay

Re: Item sprites are messed up

Post by Battosay »

Try to install the Forge and BTW after your other mods ?
topster88

Post by topster88 »

I already have Forge installed; isn't the point of Forge to prevent two mods from screwing each other up?
PuppetRebel

Post by PuppetRebel »

Only if the modders both use forge, even then it is possible for conflicts. Forge makes it easier, but doesn't gaurantee anything. Also, if EE doesn't use forge as it's API, then it's even more likely there will be conflicts.
topster88

Post by topster88 »

Here's a screenshot of the sprites, if it will help

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27628818/BTWsprites.jpg

Note how Concentrated Hellfire is a pair of pants...
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

topster88 wrote:I already have Forge installed; isn't the point of Forge to prevent two mods from screwing each other up?
Battosay was suggesting you change the order you install your mods. So start from a fresh minecraft.jar, put Item Sprite API in first, then EE, then forge, then BTW.
topster88

Post by topster88 »

After a bit of research it looks like you can't use the Forge API and the ItemSprite API at one time. Luckily, EE has two versions of the mod, one that works for Forge and another that works for itemsprite, and I DLed the latter version.

What sucks is that the Aether Mod works using ItemSprite. Oh well. I'll relay whether I've solved this problem whenever I get around to fixing this
topster88

Post by topster88 »

Works fine now. Thanks for the responses.