Saving Chunks Problem

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Visteus

Saving Chunks Problem

Post by Visteus »

I only have ML,McF,and BTW installed,but when I try to enter/create a new world,it flashes an error report right after "Saving Chunks" then goes to a black screen. what did I do wrong? This also happens when I use mcpatcher before installing ML and McF so I can use my 32x32 texture pack (I use Battosay's),except it does this right before the main menu screen.

Here's my Modloader.txt:
Spoiler
Show
Sep 5, 2011 9:54:04 AM ModLoader init
FINE: ModLoader Beta 1.7.3 Initializing...
Sep 5, 2011 9:54:04 AM ModLoader readFromClassPath
FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\Computer\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin\minecraft.jar
Sep 5, 2011 9:54:04 AM ModLoader readFromClassPath
FINER: Zip found.
Sep 5, 2011 9:54:05 AM ModLoader addMod
FINE: Mod Loaded: "mod_FCBetterThanWolves 2.93" from mod_FCBetterThanWolves.class
Sep 5, 2011 9:54:05 AM ModLoader AddAllRenderers
FINE: Initialized
EDIT: Only happens when I use Battosay's texture pack. Works with default MC. Going to try with my custom one...
Last edited by Visteus on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Battosay

Re: Saving Chunks Problem

Post by Battosay »

You can't install the new version of the Forge over the previous one, you need to start from a brand new .jar
As for the MCPatcher, look here : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=964
Visteus

Post by Visteus »

Every time I try again I start with a fresh .jar and no mods in the mods folder. And is Risugami's Recipe Book compatible with this?
Visteus

Post by Visteus »

Battosay wrote:You can't install the new version of the Forge over the previous one, you need to start from a brand new .jar
As for the MCPatcher, look here : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=964
Thanks. Now it works,although idk why it wouldn't work without MC patcher. I guess thats why I'm not a mod maker :P
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Visteus wrote:Every time I try again I start with a fresh .jar and no mods in the mods folder. And is Risugami's Recipe Book compatible with this?
I think so, not sure, but I think several people here said they were using it.

As for your problem :
Make a backup of your saves and texture packs (and screenshot if you want) and delete the entire .minecraft folder.
Make sure to download again every mod, modloader and the forge, to be absolutely sure you have the latest version, and it should work.
Are you using the MCpatcher btw ? If so, there's a problem with it and the forge atm, there's a trick to make it work (cf above)
Visteus

Post by Visteus »

It works now that I know how to get the MCPatcher thing to work. And recipe book seems to be compatible. Now I want to start adding mods from yogbox,as it has some good ones. and BTW, this mod is AWESOME!
Urian

Post by Urian »

Yes it is. Locking the thread since it's solved.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea