Ivalice (Original Server) Better Than Solo [BTW 4.8912]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
andreinawolf

Re: Better Than Solo - Friendly - Whitelist [BTW 4.65b]

Post by andreinawolf »

rudik_za wrote:No worries. Where to begin?
Awesome post! Because of that I'll just point out the last bit you're missing. Check out the "Getting on the Whitelist" section in the original post and see the first two bullets and the last bullet :)
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

wirer wrote:edited my original post
Thanks! I'm glad to hear your original server is back up. It sucks to lose a world you've been playing on :( You've been whitelisted though, so if feel free to visit or start a base if you can't get on PK's server.
rudik_za

Post by rudik_za »

andreinawolf wrote:
rudik_za wrote:No worries. Where to begin?
Awesome post! Because of that I'll just point out the last bit you're missing. Check out the "Getting on the Whitelist" section in the original post and see the first two bullets and the last bullet :)
Dam you skim reading :-D

I have read the rules on the Better Than Solo site and also the BTW forum rules and I agree to abide by both of them.
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

I'd like to join the server. My ign is morsmaestro, and I used to play btw all the time, started some time before the pulley got implemented (I remember that, it was the most exciting thing ever). I've known about these forums for quite some time but never joined since for most of its history btw wasn't SMP compatible anyway. I'm an (MC) architect, and I normally play creative. I've been on Concept Freebuild for a while and I like to help out people on the server whenever I can; I like cooperative building, and occasionally people need some worldediting done, (which I can do since I donated there). I really hate boring, tedious work in minecraft (like mining) because it's a pain in the ass, but I might like to play survival sometime, and btw is still the best way to do it. Minecraft in general, I've been playing since Alpha 1.2; I've been a server mod, clan admin, manager, all of the above. I also love to give constructive criticism on architectural design, I tend to do that quite a bit on Concept Freebuild currently, and I have a lighting design academy in the works.

Here, this might be interesting. I planned and managed building codes for this city, as well as having built much of the public buildings and infrastructure: http://imageshack.us/a/img405/5097/newsdnshqcopy.png.)
Here's some more recent builds:
http://imageshack.us/g/1/10103141/
http://imageshack.us/g/1/10103142/
http://imageshack.us/g/1/10097486/

As far as BTW goes, I used to be stellar at it before hardcore buckets and the screw pump was implemented. Best thing I ever made was an automatic pottery kiln that'd put out clay, push it down a line to a turntable, time it precisely to create an urn then push it into a kiln. I loved that thing, wish I took pictures. Still, I never could find a way to collect them into a box for me, so it was an imperfect system. But that and my automatic urn-filler for making soul urns really saved me a lot of tedium on my last btw map. Just love it when a plan comes together.

I'm 24, and a math major at Sacramento City College, for which I'm also a student representative in California's Capitol. I've also had professional design experience, and I still design furniture for myself and other people on occasion. What else you want? I'm Taoist, I speak two languages, and I make a damn good Ceylonese curry.

Since you google ign's, it might be helpful to know that I use morsmaestro for all my gaming/entertainment accounts, and there's no other morsmaestro on the net that I'm aware of, so the first 13 pages of hits you'll find on my ign are, indeed, all me (I just googled myself, obviously; always entertaining).

And of course, I've read the rules, and of course I agree to them.
Last edited by morsmaestro on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

rudik_za wrote:Dam you skim reading :-D

I have read the rules on the Better Than Solo site and also the BTW forum rules and I agree to abide by both of them.
Huzzah! Whitelisted. See you soon :)
Vechtkip

Post by Vechtkip »

Hi, i would like a multiplayer server to play on and, a friend of mine(habsnorre) who is already playing on this server recommended it to me. He has shown me the ropes a little, he learned me how most of the new btw mechanics work and how to build a windmill. :) i am 21 years old dutch university student.

i have read the rules and new players guide and i will try to act according to them. My ing is Vechtkip and so i like to be whitelisted.

Greetings vechtkip
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

So, no? Ok.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

morsmaestro wrote:My ign is morsmaestro
That was an awesome post man! Sorry it took me a while to get to you.

When I first saw your post you hadn't edited it yet to add the "agree" part and since then I was working on that project I mentioned before. That's winded down now though, so back to admin'ing I go :)

Added to the whitelist! See you sooooon!
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Vechtkip wrote:My ing is Vechtkip
Hey! I love habs' building style so definitely a great reference ;)

Added to the whitelist! See you soon!
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

hey ppl, i will be out of the server until btw get to 1.5(or i find my backup), my pc went crazy and i needed to reformat it....
just saying so ppl don't think i went M.I.A
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

maxsi wrote:hey ppl, i will be out of the server until btw get to 1.5(or i find my backup), my pc went crazy and i needed to reformat it....
just saying so ppl don't think i went M.I.A

aww why not just take your minecraft back to 1.4.7? in the tech forum theres a thread with links to the correct modloader and minecraft version :D
Rawr :D
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

I think my next task when I'm on is to go find an edge in the nether so I can generate some nether quartz xD well once the server is updated lol I assume if I cause the server to generate a new part of the nether it'll have the quartz?
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

myrkana wrote: if I cause the server to generate a new part of the nether it'll have the quartz?
Yeah that will get you access to some quartz. If you get some I'll trade you. I have many types of resources as payment and I'll pay handsomely for it!
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

Ethinolicbob wrote:
myrkana wrote: if I cause the server to generate a new part of the nether it'll have the quartz?
Yeah that will get you access to some quartz. If you get some I'll trade you. I have many types of resources as payment and I'll pay handsomely for it!
^.^ so excited to see what itll look like, I assume it'll be white or something :o
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Just an update: Like FC, I have to update my mod of BTW to work for the 1.5 changes. I have to do far less than him though, so I don't expect it to take more than a day. I'll post here if anything comes up that makes me think it will take longer.
Psion

Post by Psion »

Greetings, everyone! I'm a 27 year old player from California and long time player of BTW as well as a resident of Edolas. Unfortunately, college, FFXIV beta, and don't starve all sucked up my time so I haven't played for a while, but thanks to FC's recent updates to minecraft putting the fun back in vanilla, I've wanted to get a fresh start! Unfortunately, Edolas server is now located in Amsterdam, which, being halfway across the world from CA, makes playing rather difficult for me. That, or my computer just really really hates Edolas' server. ><

So I'm trying to find a server that doesn't result in skeleton arrows firing, whiffing, then damaging me 3 seconds later. XD After reading over the Better than Solo site, and also because Andreinawolf has the FFVI moogle as their avatar, I decided this would be a server I'd love to join, as it seems to have the same friendly atmosphere as Edolas. I've read both the BTW Forum rules and the Better than Solo rules, as well as the new players guide, and agree to all of them.

My IGN is Psion_Crystalis, and if you wish to shorten it to Psion, that's fine by me too. I hope I can see you all soon! ^^/
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

I JUST REALIZED HARDCORE BUCKETS IS TURNED OFF

I've been playing this whole time assuming I couldn't move water around. Or lava.

And honestly now it feels kinda cheap. I'm going to pretend hardcore buckets is on >.> It's way more interesting that way.
Event_Horizon6

Post by Event_Horizon6 »

Hey guys & girls (or anyone who concerns themselves with white-listing me), my IGN is Event_Horizon6, and I'm raring to get going on this server. I used to play BTW a lot about a year and a half ago (probably around Minecraft beta 1.7.3), and I've recently come back to it because I like the feel and atmosphere it gives to the game. After discovering that there were servers like this one, I skimmed around and thought this one was very suitable to my tastes!:)

I played on a vanilla server named NoBullCraft for about two years, watched them expand, and became a veteran resident there; though I wasn't well known for building anything fantastic, or in fact being a chatterbox. I usually keep to myself and work on appropriate personal projects in isolation. This doesn't mean I'm unfriendly, of course I participate in conversation and join the occasional group project. The biggest appeal of SMP for me is knowing that there are other people around; SSP can prove to be pretty lonely.

I'm currently 17 years old, male, just a month shy of graduating high school and two months shy of being an adult. I live in Michigan currently, and will be attending Michigan State University in the fall as a Physics major; and a member of the marching band's drumline! So that's exciting.

I hope that this isn't going to appear to be some kind of indicator that I didn't read the rules (because I DID, I promise), but where do hot topic discussions stand on the forums and on the server? Specifically, religion, politics, controlled substances. I don't have any issue with what anyone talks about or how they feel one way or another, I was just curious.

Well, I'm hoping for a reply soon then!
Padfoote

Post by Padfoote »

Event_Horizon6 wrote: I hope that this isn't going to appear to be some kind of indicator that I didn't read the rules (because I DID, I promise), but where do hot topic discussions stand on the forums and on the server? Specifically, religion, politics, controlled substances. I don't have any issue with what anyone talks about or how they feel one way or another, I was just curious.
These (I believe) fall under Rule #4 and Rule #3 for the forums. I say Rule #3 because those can get out of control very fast, which then leaves it up to the mods to handle the damage control. As a rule of thumb, if you aren't sure about something like that, it's best to not discuss it on the forums. And welcome to the forums. :)
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

how's it going andre? :) hit any kinks with changing your mods?
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

I kinda feel like building a new base. Any of the newer members want to do a tandem build? I have a good amount of startup resources.

Also, I discovered a new continent today.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

It is done! We're now on 4.67 :)

Also, the axles look so cooooooool!
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

myrkana wrote:how's it going andre? :) hit any kinks with changing your mods?
Figuring out the code for the new inventory features took me a while.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

morsmaestro wrote:I JUST REALIZED HARDCORE BUCKETS IS TURNED OFF

I've been playing this whole time assuming I couldn't move water around. Or lava.

And honestly now it feels kinda cheap. I'm going to pretend hardcore buckets is on >.> It's way more interesting that way.
haha. HC buckets is one of the few things you can enforce on yourself even if the server setting isn't on. I do semi-HC buckets with my bases. I love it when a machine gets water from a proper source :)
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Psion wrote:My IGN is Psion_Crystalis
Awesome whitelist request :) Our server is located in NY (I should add that to the site...) so your ping should be much better.

Added to the whitelist. See you soon!