HC Villagers (speculation)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
BobSlingblade679

HC Villagers (speculation)

Post by BobSlingblade679 »

I thought it might be fun to speculate on what FC might still have planned for villagers. We know that he has plans for it but he's not going as 'all-out' as he originally intended in favor of moving to RTH. So, I've got a big question mark floating around in my head and was hoping you guys might have some theories.

The thing that's bugging me is beds and diamonds. I seem to remember a while back that when FC said he was going to change how villagers 'saw' houses someone brought up beds and FC, iirc, seemed to imply they would indeed have a part in that. But then FC made breeding villagers cost diamonds. So, I'm wondering- did he change his mind and this is simply a result of his decision to triage some of his plans or did I misinterpret his hint that beds might have something to do with it? Is he still going to use beds but in a way we haven't figured out yet? What about Iron Golems? Will we ever farm them again?

Remember, this is speculation on what we think FC *might* do, not what we think he *should* do, so please don't try to sneak in suggestions and get this thread locked. :)
TheGatesofLogic

Re: HC Villagers (speculation)

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

I wouldnt put money on golem farms they were extremely exploity feeling. as for beds, i have no clue
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
PureZaros

Post by PureZaros »

Iron Golem farms have been made pretty redundant, as iron is wrapped into regular mob traps.

As for the villagers, I'm less wondering about villager breeding and more wondering about villager trading. How will that play out? Will the specialization villagers have more specialized items? FC has already changed some of the trading mechanics (Arcane Scrolls, mostly), but I excited to see if that will go further.
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:
Panda wrote:Edit: Thanks for the sticky good sir. <3
I really wish more women said things like this.
Mud

Post by Mud »

Two words: Village Hunger

The horror... the horror.
BobSlingblade679

Post by BobSlingblade679 »

Mud wrote:Two words: Village Hunger

The horror... the horror.
Its funny you should mention that because I've been toying with that idea in a game I've been working on for about four months now. I think its a really cool concept. However, I'm not sure if FC would do it. I'm sure he *could* but at least the way I've handled it is there's a 'stockpile' of food that all of the villagers eat from. So, for Minecraft that kinda leads me towards the addition of a new 'stockpile' block or something to handle village food which I know at least in the past FC has been reluctant to add new blocks. Otherwise, you'd have to feed each villager individually which would make it very difficult/tedious to maintain a larger population.

Still, you got me wondering. :)
Mud

Post by Mud »

Another topic was steered into speculation about a past remark by FC about gutting the vMC Enchanting Table which got me thinking about the role villages could play in acquiring enchanted gear before the Scroll grinders become available.

Pic related
Spoiler
Show
nmarshall23

Post by nmarshall23 »

My guesses:
  • Beds, will be used to set a Villager's home. This will fix the problem with them all crowding inside one building..
  • Trading, will make more sense. He will get rid of the nonsense trades. Maybe give us a way of making villagers happy so that their are willing to trade again.
  • Enchanting, yup I could see FC ripping out the Enchanting Table. I'd bet he would replace low level enchantments with something that requires help from villagers.
The large problem with villagers is that they lack the means of emoting. That's why I don't think we will get things like Villager Hunger.
MC's handling of entities is very basic, there is no code for facial expressions, and each animation is hard code in. The programmer has to move each small part. It's a real mess IMHO.

However I'm sure FC will find some way of surprising us.
Ulfengaard wrote:BTW by FC: Fixing vanilla, one version at a time. :)