The hopper has a borked renderer.

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
Magnavode

The hopper has a borked renderer.

Post by Magnavode »

The hopper has some render issues:
- incorrect lighting on the on all sides of the block when placed next to a wall.
- incorrect texture offsets on the sides of the block, really noticeable when using a texturepack (which is the main reason for posting this.)
- 30 wasted faces being rendered, though that's not really the issue.

Here's my suggested fix:
It uses the same rendering code as the cistern, where the inside is rendered without smooth shading. You will need to use this texture: btwterrain01.png
If you're not comfortable using other people's code in your mod, think this issue isn't critical enough or for what ever reason don't want to fix this issue then feel free to ignore / lock / ban / whatever, but please keep in mind that I coded this for you so you didn't have to.

snip -Flower

here's what it looks like:

snip: also removed image due to ongoing dickery - Flower

Why I'm not making an addon for this:
- I consider this change is to small to be worth it's own addon.
- I've tried making a btw addon before and got caught in the wonderful world of ocd.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: The hopper has a borked renderer.

Post by FlowerChild »

Pffft...yeah, whatever man. Enjoy your vacation for posting mod code...dick.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Actually, screw that. This was inappropriate on so many levels that you are simply not welcome here anymore.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

You know, this has put me in a rather difficult position as while I think you were a total ass-hat in the way you went about this, and I'm tempted to leave it as is in objection to that, on some level you *are* right in that the Hopper (and other mod blocks that use similar renderers, which actually turns this into a major job due to stuff like the Cauldron) could use a revamp of how they're rendered.

Not doing something that's right because of my feelings on the matter, is not something I'm willing to do here.

But again man, how you approached this was so exceedingly wrong with everything from reporting something that's working fine with the mod's textures (if a texture pack doesn't accommodate the rendering method of the block...that's the texture pack's problem) as a bug, to having the gall to post mod code like you did while justifying that as "trying to help" (all it did was cost me dev time by pissing me off), that I absolutely want nothing to do with you in the future.