game crashes when trying to take iron from a furnace

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
crazybaz6612

game crashes when trying to take iron from a furnace

Post by crazybaz6612 »

i put some iron in a firnace and every time i try to take it out the game crashes
so i destroyed the furnace and moved to its location to pick up the items and the game crashed and crashes every time i try to join the server
i have crash reports if they will help
ExpHP

Re: game crashes when trying to take iron from a furnace

Post by ExpHP »

What version of BTW have you installed, and does it match the version installed on the server? That sounds like the sort of thing that would happen if the server had a more recent version than you; i.e., iron nuggets are in the furnace on the server, but your version doesn't have iron nuggets.

Failing that, yes, the crash report would be helpful.
crazybaz6612

Post by crazybaz6612 »

ExpHP wrote:What version of BTW have you installed, and does it match the version installed on the server? That sounds like the sort of thing that would happen if the server had a more recent version than you; i.e., iron nuggets are in the furnace on the server, but your version doesn't have iron nuggets.

Failing that, yes, the crash report would be helpful.
where do i find the more recent version of BTW? sorry im new here
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

crazybaz6612 wrote:where do i find the more recent version of BTW? sorry im new here
Go to the Better Than Wolves Discussion part of the forum, and check the stickied threads (right under the announcements). Usually the top thread is the latest BTW release. Should say "New Release! (BTW v4.62)" or something of the sort.

Of course, the MCF thread is also always up to date.