Newly registered. Been following along for a while.

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
DukeCunning

Newly registered. Been following along for a while.

Post by DukeCunning »

I hope this is the right place for this ;-) (it IS about BTW)

TLDR version: I have followed FC and BTW, on and off, for 1-2 years and always liked or agreed with his take on things. For example, the whole reason for creating the mod in the first place :-).

For the record: (and this is OLD NEWS...)

I have been playing Minecraft on and off for 1 or 2 years. A long time ago, I had spent several days reading the forums about Flower Child (FC) and the reasoning behind the creation of the Forge API. It made a lot of sense to me. I appreciated FC's reasoning. Having a committee to consolidate requested "hooks" (and changes to base classes) for the purpose of making mods compatible just seemed to make sense to me. Well, this not being a perfect world, something happened and FC dropped out of Forge. This obviously occurred during a time when I wasn't playing Minecraft (or scanning the Minecraft forums -- which I seem to do more than "Play")

I seem to spend a lot of time "tinkering" with mods to see which ones I like and which ones I can get to "play together". So, I like it when I can get mods to work together and said so on minecraft forum.

Well, I didn't know about the drama or "shenanigans" that were being played by some people when I congratulated mod authors for making their mod "Forge Compatible". If I had known, I probably would have edited that part out of my posts.

Hehe, while I am here...

All that said, I have read the wiki, Change Logs and other places to try to find out how to make any secondary color dye, i.e. purple, orange, etc. If it isn't in the section on what is different from vanilla (and I don't see anything), then I am to assume that this works like vanilla where you put dye colors in vanilla crafting table and it SHOULD work.

Sorry if this is a dumb question ;-)

By the way, I have (after reading lots about BTW for a long time) FINALLY started to play MC/BTW SERIOUSLY and am REALLY LOVING IT.

PLEASE keep up the GREAT WORK! (Even though I probably HAVE LOTS of time to FULLY EXPLORE what is already here ;-)

So far, I have LOTS of Hemp and Dung, Made a mill, cauldron, windmill, which are all AWESOME!
Spoiler
Show
I ground some netherrack and heard the screeches (must have missed that in my reading)
EDIT: I just searched the minecraft BTW topic for "purple dye" and may have found the answer. Maybe secondary colors are not supported in BTW. That is okay with me, I was just curious ;-)
Benanov

Re: Newly registered. Been following along for a while.

Post by Benanov »

DukeCunning wrote: All that said, I have read the wiki, Change Logs and other places to try to find out how to make any secondary color dye, i.e. purple, orange, etc. If it isn't in the section on what is different from vanilla (and I don't see anything), then I am to assume that this works like vanilla where you put dye colors in vanilla crafting table and it SHOULD work.
Secondary colors work just fine. The recipes have not changed.

How you get red and yellow dyes is different.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
DukeCunning

Post by DukeCunning »

Benanov wrote:
Secondary colors work just fine. The recipes have not changed.

How you get red and yellow dyes is different.
yes. it is working, now.

:-)

LOL
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

DukeCunning wrote:yes. it is working, now.

:-)

LOL
Feel free to explain - in 25 words or less - what, exactly, you are intimating.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
DukeCunning

Post by DukeCunning »

Benanov wrote:
Feel free to explain - in 25 words or less - what, exactly, you are intimating.
I don't know what "intimating" means. But, what happened was I could have "sworn" that, earlier, I had put red and yellow dye in a crafting table and nothing showed up. Well, I tried it again after being told it works and now I see orange dye. Obviously, I was doing something wrong.

I normally don't do [Facepalm]. I am old school and just say, "DOH!" (in a Homer Simpson voice).

;-)

By the way, Just to comment on "Who is John Galt?"

I feel I have read "MILLIONS" of books (mostly fiction: sci-fi, fantasy, etc.). A year or so ago, I FINALLY (after having the book for a while) read Atlas Shrugged.
It is turned out to be my most FAVORITE BOOK.

Loving Better than Wolves.