Show us your builds!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
TheOneGuy

Re: Show us your builds!

Post by TheOneGuy »

Well here's my insanely fast soul bottler I came up with yesterday, info is ALL in the spoiler, and I really hope you guys like it.. took me a bit to think through all these canals n' stuff, btw this is creative. I just wanna get my design out there, see if anyone likes it.
Spoiler
Show
So, yeah today i created a soul bottler that would fit me and i've come up with a pretty insanely fast/cool one, at least to me. But first i wanna introduce myself for a sec, instead of skulking around like I usually do =). My names TheOneGuy obviously, im 14 years old, and this mod is epic, nuff said.

This Thing produces about 98 soul urns per minute, that enough for ya?

2 Cons to this build is:

1.It may sometimes "frizz out" or speed up, if you go to far away from the machine. Causing you to lose some Netherrack. (Resetting the machine with system lock fixes this.)

2.It will waste 1 urn's worth of ground netherrack, which isnt much but, most say every little bit helps. (I couldnt find a way to fix this, but if someone does, thats cool.)

This bottler also doesnt need many "advanced" materials, just 1 BD, 1 Water Mill, 2 Hoppers, and any building block + some redstone. Oh and dont forget 2 sticky pistons. (And the usual gearboxes, and axles.)

Anyways, without further ado here is my automatic (semi, if you count manual loading) soul bottler.

Here's the overlook of this thing, a big redstoney mess, I could make it look better but thats not what were here for right?

You put the Ground Netherrack in here, WHILE the system is locked. (Also you do have to manually load the urns to, but that isnt so bad.)

System lock, 1 lever, 1 redstone.

So now, ya got you're ground netherrack in, but we need those bottles to start a - pumping, when you're ready for that just turn system lock off, along with you're desired amount of urns and ground netherrack ready for use.

Finally! Weve got the soul urns pumping and coming out very fast, but now..how do we collect these urns? Well, ive worked for a bit and came up with a floatable item elevator I guess you could say. The bad thing about this is you must manually press the elevator button...someone could probably fix this, but my brain was dead. The elevator is on the left, the way it gets the items up and floating is that they sit next to a piston in the water, and when the elevator button is pressed the items get pushed into the main stream and start to go up.

And a little collection area never hurt.

Now finally the LAST thing is...and this may or may not be bad, but collecting the hellfire dust must be manual to, either that or someone has to find a way to fix this to, the only way ive discovered is to put a sliding next to the soul sand hopper and nudge against it. Allowing you to pick it up through the wall.

PHEW, that was a lot of typing and if you managed to make it here, im a bit impressed. Well anyways, if i'm to bad at explaining this stuff the world download for my tinkering world will be available because im sure ive missed a bit of stuff or explained something poorly at times. Im a kid, dont expect me to do much =)
Well THATS my bottler and im pretty proud of myself, my next challenge is to come up with a good auto-saw I can use, but anyways let me stop all of my ranting and.... here is the world download.

Have fun, and I hope ya like it =D
Last edited by TheOneGuy on Tue May 07, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Man, that is way cool!

EDIT: The way I clear hellfire is to use a sticky piston with a block push the hellfire to the side into either water or another hopper.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
TheOneGuy

Post by TheOneGuy »

dawnraider wrote:Man, that is way cool!

EDIT: The way I clear hellfire is to use a sticky piston with a block push the hellfire to the side into either water or another hopper.
Thx, took me awhile to think of, and even when i got the idea formed it kept going to slow/to fast, finally got it tho =)
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

The start of my mob farm:
Spoiler
Show
This is what it is based off of:
Spoiler
Show
The corner towers are where mobs will be spawned. The center area will house my infernal library, with a beacon on top.

I also am going to dump cement all over it once I finish the base so it doesn't look like crap.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
-KAiSV-

Post by -KAiSV- »

This is my first post, so i think i start with my world, so i can't make anything wrong. ;-)

I realy like the mod, it gives minecraft a new meaning. Even small tasks are a challenge and completing them is a goog achievment.

What i have build so far:
Spoiler
Show
My village with the mobfarm in the background.

All done with hardcore buckets enabled and one single source of mechanical power and water:
Spoiler
Show
The insite of my mobfarm with the item sorter in the basement. It was such awesome to figure out which filter to use for the hoppers first to get the best separation of the items.(added quite a challenge to the mod)
Spoiler
Show
I also build a auto pottery system, auto kiln, a melon farm, a pumkin farm, a hemp farm, a cobble generator, a smoothestone generator, a sugercane farm, a dung farm and a auto saw.
Spoiler
Show
And here is my solution for the latest change in BTW, the hardcore melons:
As you can see i have also used the new chopping block. Works fine :-)
Spoiler
Show

I'm looking forward to the next changes to the mod.
Form more chanllanges i hope "home" is comming soon.
Thank you for the great mod and for the effort you put into it, FC!
Blazara

Post by Blazara »

maxsi wrote:here it is my fist ever Companion Cube
Spoiler
Show
ImageImage
I'm honoured to be in the signature of someone who builds so beautifully :).
Blazara wrote: I, am a BETTERTHANwolfaboo.
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

my new chiken farm
Spoiler
Show
outside view(is the cobble building)
and a update from my last post
Spoiler
Show
the new head display
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

maxsi wrote:and a update from my last post
Wait..... is that my head in the centre?
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

Ethinolicbob wrote:
maxsi wrote:and a update from my last post
Wait..... is that my head in the centre?
yup that IS you head
is the only one i got in a battle btw
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
Dilun

Post by Dilun »

Double gates.
Spoiler
Show
Siege Wizard

Post by Siege Wizard »

Dilun wrote:Double gates.
IMAGES
Nice, I would just suggest to make it three wide so that you can hide the anchors from both sides instead of two wide.

S.W.
Dilun

Post by Dilun »

Siege Wizard wrote:
Nice, I would just suggest to make it three wide so that you can hide the anchors from both sides instead of two wide.

S.W.
If you didn't notice, there have laready been a 3 cube space between gates.

This's what it become.
Spoiler
Show
This's why i started my thread a month ago.
Siege Wizard

Post by Siege Wizard »

Dilun wrote:If you didn't notice, there have laready been a 3 cube space between gates.

This's what it become.

IMAGES

This's why i started my thread a month ago.
I thought that, as in one of your pictures the anchor is visible and in the other it isn't that you had a two wide door instead of a double door with three spaces in the middle.

Now you added the inner archs, didn't you? So the anchors won't be visible from any side. Good design.

S.W.
NotEvenOdd

Post by NotEvenOdd »

Dilun wrote:Double gates.
Spoiler
Show
Awesome gate :)
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Well, this seems like the best place for a 1 off screen shot. Beacon builds! ... and many unfinished projects all in one shot (mob trap, cow farm, dung farm, reed farm, chicken farm).

WARNING: Very large image. Lots in this screenshot so I felt the size was necessary for detail.
Spoiler
Show
Chibiterase

Post by Chibiterase »

Hello Guys,

I seem to find nothing in this kind of matter here.
Day/Night Transition Pulser
Show
Left side is a Detector block with a Lens on top with a torch on the side.

It uses the S.Piston Pulse limiter.

The final look of it.
Useful for hemp farms, or anything that can use long time delays.
Have you thought about what you've done recently? Where you've been and from? Who you met? Take time to think about your life once a while.
Deli_SK

Post by Deli_SK »

Hi guys...

I recently watched Noirs let's make "Chest cart catcher" and I realized it's a bit overcomplicated (but good) idea.
So I had an "Eureka!" moment while ago and come with really simple, cheap and fast minecart catcher (it can catch really big numbers of storage minecarts and process it fast)

So the idea is to use two turntables, one with Block Dispenser and one with redstone control so that whenever BD is oriented to minecart side it swallows, and oriented to the other side (rails) it spits.
Add water & profit!

P.S. : I apologize if this idea was presented (I couldn't find it here) and for my bad english.

Pictures *YAY*
Spoiler
Show
Last edited by Deli_SK on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild wrote:Heck, it's *expected* of me too, I just have a unique ability to not give a fuck ;)
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Okay, that mine cart dispenser is clever. I like it! Nice job man.
CreeperCannibal

Post by CreeperCannibal »

I've got a few contraptions and one aesthetic item.
Redstone Boss (My favorite out of the six I've created):
Spoiler
Show
Image When entering his arena he smashes the planes of rock beneath his hands causing (well timed) TNT to create a sound effect. The rest is handled by piston arrays and very inefficient wiring. It does the job in making the player frustrated though :)
Some TRON like thing using light blocks.
Spoiler
Show
Image How could I resist when FC's light blocks serve as a one switch transparent/non-transparent surface and have such a seamless look. Thanks for this block FC :)
One time use zelda styled pressure plate
Spoiler
Show
Image the pressure plate on top of the sand turns off the redstone torch attached to it. This deactivates the piston and permanently destroys the button preventing further usage.
I hope to further integrate BTW into everything I do.
"Kneel says the demon light
With its eye of coal
Sauron knows your license plate
And stares into your soul"
IowaGuy

Post by IowaGuy »

Chibiterase wrote:Hello Guys,

I seem to find nothing in this kind of matter here.
Day/Night Transition Pulser
Show
Left side is a Detector block with a Lens on top with a torch on the side.

It uses the S.Piston Pulse limiter.

The final look of it.
Useful for hemp farms, or anything that can use long time delays.

Using the night day cycle as a timer...me-a-likes.
May use this to replace complicated timers in my new world. I mean, I don't really need to feed the animals every 5 minutes. A longer delay would be fine.
Sandrew

Post by Sandrew »

So I just finished building this as I got bored with my usual urn makers (single turntable next to a kiln). Took me a good few weeks due to procrastination and what not but I'm particularly proud of it as this is the first time I ever used redstone and repeaters in my BDs in order to have multiple outputs from a single source. The controls for the kiln aren't finished yet but figuring out how to connect the different sequences (loading, turn-table and firing up the kiln) has been a blast so far. All that's left to do now is to add the different sections to an master timer.

edit; Oh god I just realised I made a huge mistake. I figured I could seperate urns from clayballs by passing the clayballs through a hopper but it goes the other way around. Getting a proper feedback flow is going to be such a pain now.
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

Chibiterase wrote: <snip>

Nice! A new long-count timer. We've got water-timer, bio-timer, and now light based timer. It's so obvious that I'm wondering why I never thought to use the lens this way.
william711

Post by william711 »

This is a tall tower to aid the finding of my base when I die. Its mostly useless so I decided to make it a little tribute to flower. I do hope you know what its supposed to look like.

from far away
Spoiler
Show
from the inside of the top
Spoiler
Show
picture of the top
Spoiler
Show
picture of the bottom
Spoiler
Show
picture of my base!
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

william711 wrote:This is a tall tower to aid the finding of my base when I die. Its mostly useless so I decided to make it a little tribute to flower. I do hope you know what its supposed to look like.
Hehe...thanks man! Looks great :)
Simurgh

Post by Simurgh »

My base with bonus lighting error!
This is my "automation centre" with the bridge and rail link to my farm and home/storage building. Spawns are restricted by grass half slabs between the paths. The big dirt scaffold at the far end is set to become my cow + chicken processing plant.
Spoiler
Show