Noir's Designs (CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
BlackCat

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos (Massive Melons!)

Post by BlackCat »

Spoiler
Show
This should work for zombies creepers and skeletons, the piston at the top prevents them from getting away.
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

thanks for showing me how to do it, and for the quick answer
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

RalphKastro wrote:thanks for showing me how to do it, and for the quick answer
I just realized that I placed the saw wrong in that picture, sorry, here is what it should look like.
Spoiler
Show
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

RalphKastro wrote:
BlackCat wrote:
Do you want spiders contained in it? That's going to make it rather difficult, though I can show how to do it without them pretty easily.

Edit: Also by mob grinder do you mean spawner or actual mob trap?
Spiders aren't needed. But if it's not a problem to you, would be nice to have them too.
And by mob grinder I mean the part that kills.
What he/she means is where are the mobs coming from?
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Siege Wizard

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos (Now with added ice and cocoa!

Post by Siege Wizard »

BlackCat wrote:Thanks for removing that, I'll see about making some changes as to not promote chicken singularities.
Sorry for posting it previously. I did read your notice but forgot about in what post i was answering.

Looking forward for the new chicken-friendly desing.

PS: I'm havving some difficulties on how to take the adult chickens to the saw as they keep jumping on the water stream that should lead them to their death. If u want a water stream to move chickens, rememeber not to let them jump, I think it's a bit late for my design.
ion

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos (Witty Splash Text!)

Post by ion »

thanks for the great builds. i use them in my world with great effect.
for the wool machine i have removed the lower part and got one block higher. doing so, you can save one redstone torch and one redstone dust :).
also in my testing i wasn't able to place more that one sheep in it.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Sorry if this is off-topic(I'll make a new thread if it is) but on the subject of a mob grinder, is there a list of blocks anywhere that spiders cannot climb?(or a building technique that can be used to circumvent their climbing behavior?) I found myself stumped at creating spider traps, as they always seem to clump up in some corner and slow my trap down to near nothing eventually.
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Not off topic at all! As long as you are specifically requesting a design from me or asking a question about one of my current designs you are more than welcome to post here :)

And to my knowledge the only way to get rid of spiderpricks is to drop them in an open air or suffocate them on the spot above some hoppers.

Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Thanks for the response :) I guess I'll just have to get string on a piecemeal basis then.

A short while later:

RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

Rianaru wrote:Sorry if this is off-topic(I'll make a new thread if it is) but on the subject of a mob grinder, is there a list of blocks anywhere that spiders cannot climb?(or a building technique that can be used to circumvent their climbing behavior?) I found myself stumped at creating spider traps, as they always seem to clump up in some corner and slow my trap down to near nothing eventually.
I remember something about they being unnable to climb walls with signs
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

RalphKastro wrote:
Rianaru wrote:Sorry if this is off-topic(I'll make a new thread if it is) but on the subject of a mob grinder, is there a list of blocks anywhere that spiders cannot climb?(or a building technique that can be used to circumvent their climbing behavior?) I found myself stumped at creating spider traps, as they always seem to clump up in some corner and slow my trap down to near nothing eventually.
I remember something about they being unnable to climb walls with signs
Thanks for helping out!

Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

A short while later:

Siege Wizard

Post by Siege Wizard »

Another clue, what about forcing them to go to a single spot where you use a DB and a piston to push them out of the wall and taking falling damage? I'm sure BlackCat can come with some amazing design with this idea.

S.W.
ion

Post by ion »

BlackCat i'm using your block updater replacer with great effect for mossy cobblestone ( slow as hell) for grass and mycelium blocks, but i'm having problems using it for generating stone brick cracked and mossy one. i have tried to move the block detector so the water drops would generate. but i can't automate the thing. can you help me out? thanks!
Siege Wizard

Post by Siege Wizard »

BlackCat wrote:
Melon/Pumpkin Farm v2
Show

Resources Needed
- All seen in picture (variable)
Just as a reminder: you need non-opaque blocks over melon plants and two half slabs aren't non-opaque, one of the planters won't be producing melons. Taking this into consideration you could try to fix the third planter or get rid of it, and probably you could compact it a bit more if you only use 2 planters.
Siege Wizard

Post by Siege Wizard »

First sorry for the double post but I think it's worth it.
BlackCat wrote:Pottery
Pottery Maker
Show
Not a whole lot to say here that I haven't already talked to death. You must use a sticky piston, 1 redstone torch, and every 2 non solids will add another rotation or level of pottery, block dispenser in front places clay.
Just to be clear 2 non solids = crucible, 4 non solids = Planters, etc. I've not bothered testing this for absolute tilability, though it will work with 1 block between each module (which considering the mechanical power requirement is probably for the best).
I've testing this one and I found that you need an extra block in the ROM BD as the piston pushing the finished unfired pottery and the BD placing another clay block count as an extra event for the BB. So you will need, 1 torch for the triggering, 1 block for the effect of the trigger on the BB and 2 extra blocks for every stage you want to get. Total of 2n + 1 different blocks being n = {1 for crucible, 2 for plater, 3 for the vase, 4 for urns, 5 for mouldings and 7 for clay block -> clay dust conversion).

I also want to know if there is any way of making clay and if you have managed to recover all the clay that this pottery system ejects.

S.W.
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Siege Wizard wrote:First sorry for the double post but I think it's worth it.
BlackCat wrote:Pottery
Pottery Maker
Show
Not a whole lot to say here that I haven't already talked to death. You must use a sticky piston, 1 redstone torch, and every 2 non solids will add another rotation or level of pottery, block dispenser in front places clay.
Just to be clear 2 non solids = crucible, 4 non solids = Planters, etc. I've not bothered testing this for absolute tilability, though it will work with 1 block between each module (which considering the mechanical power requirement is probably for the best).
I've testing this one and I found that you need an extra block in the ROM BD as the piston pushing the finished unfired pottery and the BD placing another clay block count as an extra event for the BB. So you will need, 1 torch for the triggering, 1 block for the effect of the trigger on the BB and 2 extra blocks for every stage you want to get. Total of 2n + 1 different blocks being n = {1 for crucible, 2 for plater, 3 for the vase, 4 for urns, 5 for mouldings and 7 for clay block -> clay dust conversion).

I also want to know if there is any way of making clay and if you have managed to recover all the clay that this pottery system ejects.

S.W.
You pretty much broke my brain with that but considering how early it is I'll try to wrap my brain around it later, I've not run into any issues with collecting clay since my last redesign using hoppers/crucibles below it, thanks for the heads up though!

Edit: Also I'll try to set up redesign for the melon farm as per your warning.
Temporary melon farm redesign
Show
And I've asked some of the people in the IRC and they have not run into any issues with the pottery machine as it stands, but when I get the chance I'll try to run a few more tests on it. The buddy is set up to actually turn and set off the repeater when it makes a full cycle around and shouldn't have enough time based on the delay to pulse more than once when being harvested. Take all this with a grain of salt though as I'm still not totally awake x.x

ion

Post by ion »

BlackCat wrote: And I've asked some of the people in the IRC and they have not run into any issues with the pottery machine as it stands, but when I get the chance I'll try to run a few more tests on it. The buddy is set up to actually turn and set off the repeater when it makes a full cycle around and shouldn't have enough time based on the delay to pulse more than once when being harvested. Take all this with a grain of salt though as I'm still not totally awake x.x
i use the potery maker with only one problem. sometimes (happened only twice) the block in front of the piston gets sucked up by the BD. the machine works fine but some items may get out (tested with urns) so maybe with a bigger pottery item they may be pushed into the cauldron. need's more testing of when happens.
BlackCat

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos (Now With Added Chest Carts!)

Post by BlackCat »

Just added the new chest cart catcher and I'm really proud of it, I dedicated it to jeet for giving me a new perspective on how to make them :)

Siege Wizard

Post by Siege Wizard »

BlackCat wrote:Also I'll try to set up redesign for the melon farm as per your warning.
Temporary melon farm redesign
Show
I think it should work like that. My answer in the other post gives you a way of reducing the heigth by 1 (important if you want to tile it verticaly) that hasn't been tested but I think it should not give any problems.
BlackCat wrote:And I've asked some of the people in the IRC and they have not run into any issues with the pottery machine as it stands, but when I get the chance I'll try to run a few more tests on it. The buddy is set up to actually turn and set off the repeater when it makes a full cycle around and shouldn't have enough time based on the delay to pulse more than once when being harvested. Take all this with a grain of salt though as I'm still not totally awake x.x
Maybe is because I used two repeaters in the second position instead of the forth one and there is a slight difference (the delay is the same at one edge but one redstone tick less at the falling one if I'm not messing things up). Will try it with a single repeater when I have time, maybe tonight.

P.S.: Nice design with the unloader. Maybe some more pictures could help, or at least a way to build it myself :)

S.W.
BlackCat

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos (Better With Renewables!)

Post by BlackCat »

I provided a world download for it, it's only a ~250kb IIRC, it's very small.

Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

Just thought I'd let you know I posted a sreenshot of a smaller design in the other thread.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
ion

Post by ion »

the "bug" where the block from the sticky piston get sucked up by the BD is mostly my fault. if the turntable get's switched on another lower speed may destroy the machine. best the keep it on the faster setting and it will never bug.
BlackCat

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos (5120 Blocks of Cobble!)

Post by BlackCat »

Added the following recently
- Chest Cart Emptier
- Cobble Farm
- Husbag3's Potato/Carrot Farm
- Melon Farm

BlackCat

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos (5120 Blocks of Cobble!)

Post by BlackCat »

And for a 200th post celebration I present a download of many of my old test maps as well as several failed attempts at starting an LP.

http://www.mediafire.com/?muofq5s45fq5rrq