Splee999's Multiplayer Skyblock Sever: Shutting Down

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
dawnraider

Re: Splee999's Multiplayer Skyblock Sever (BTW 4.41 / BWR 0.

Post by dawnraider »

I wasn't talking about a centralized one, but a personal one for each person, away from their platform, similar to the desert island. Also, if you wnet the useless mob route, silverfish would not work, since there is no way to disable it, since they are lightlevel independent. I think if you went that route maybe you should just have a zombie one, as they don't have a lot of use.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
tyr116

Post by tyr116 »

Silverfish would probably work the best, but what about when they burrow into blocks. Why not a pig? They give food, but nothing else useful, and they don't spawn that fast.
Dale

Post by Dale »

-snip- I just have one question. Id like to know if its ok to record game play on your server?
Last edited by Dale on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaveYanakov "Animals spawn in tall grass because pokemans"...
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

I think I would like to get in on this.. I'm usually on late evenings (PST) and i'm starting to post minecraft screenshots to tumblr so I think that would give me motivation to keep going on it (that and im currently doing a lot of terraforming on my main world and that gets tedious fast.)

IGN: Pfilson

I've worked on the Skytable and FTB style Skyblocks but never the original and definitely no challenge maps with BTW.

I've also yet to work with BWR so this is going to be a lot of learning.

My Tumblr is http://pfilson.tumblr.com if you want to check out what i've posted so far..

Thank You
displayer

Post by displayer »

I'd like to try this, because there's nothing quite like building under the constant fear of death.

IGN: displayer4

I know the basics of BWR, which hopefully looks good on my résumé. :)
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

So I was reading up on the spawner and it looks like you may be able to make a basically null spawner.
Spawners can be given unusual entity IDs like Minecart or Boat to make a decorative block with the named entity spinning inside the cage. However, when the spawner attempts to spawn such an entity, the game will crash. In Minecraft versions above 1.2.5, this is no longer the case.

now I'm not sure if this means that you can no longer give it an unusual entitiy or if it just no longer crashes.. I will test it a bit in my world and get back to you.
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Hey again all! I relaunched the server today, so everyone that I said was whitelisted should actually be able to log on. Sorry about the delay in actual playability there guys. I also added Pfilson to the whitelist thanks to his awesome discovery about useless spawners. Displayer, a search of your post history showed only whitelist requests, so I'm going to need a bit more from you to get you on my whitelist.

In other news, I have completely removed the door locks to the skyblocks. I realized that people were getting locked out of their blocks because BTW makes it impossible to reset an individual player's spawnpoint. So, this means that if you die, you just need to push your teleport button to get back.

Two notes about this - First, DO NOT PLACE ANYTHING ON TOP OF THE BEDROCK PILLAR or you may suffocate inside of them. *cough*detritus*cough*
-Second, keep a careful eye on your stuff, since other people can now get to your skyblock. As far as I know, there is no way to assign command blocks to target only specific players, so short of me personally teleporting you to your skyblock, there is no other way to resolve this. A reminder: DO NOT STEAL ANYONE'S STUFF!

EDIT: Almost forgot - Feel free to record your gameplay on the server Dale. I'd love to see it!
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

Did that actually work? I was testing with an MCEdit placed block and it wasn't doing anything.. I was about to go and edit the properties when my desktop went stupid.. So now I'm working on getting the OS re-installed and setup before I can do much.

Also, I was thinking if the nonsense entity didn't work maybe making it a bat or ocelot spawner as they are more useless than zombies as far as drops go.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Another thing you might want to consider is editing the NBT tags on the spawners, as you can spawn them with wither and 0 health so they die instantly, and make the spawn range 1 block, in addition to the useless mob.
Get the Deco Addon here!
Dale

Post by Dale »

I am so sorry, Blocks 2,3, & 5 need a reset.
Explanation below..

Block #2 there was no saplings, so I put a sign up over the door saying "needs reset" and moved to 3.. same thing happened. I feel terribly irresponsible and I don't blame you if you revoke me from playing this server. On block 5 somehow when I came back from another window, (Turning on Fraps) I was dead from a creeper explosion. I thought mobs couldn't spawn close to me? Anyways I am SO sorry. I should have just stopped on block 2 and messaged you.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Spoiler'd chest contents just in case
Spoiler
Show
there are saplings in the desert island. I got no saplings from my tree, but I found some in the chest there.
Get the Deco Addon here!
Dale

Post by Dale »

dawnraider wrote:Spoiler'd chest contents just in case
Spoiler
Show
there are saplings in the desert island. I got no saplings from my tree, but I found some in the chest there.
And now i feel even stupider.
displayer

Post by displayer »

I'm something of a casual gamer, i'm more interested in actually playing the game than the forums.

I have also been whitelisted three times in the past, without as much as a complaint (from me and the players,mods, et cetera).

Well, that's about it, i am at your mercy :)
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Whitelisted Displayer4. And everyone, now that the skyblocks are no longer locked up, PLEASE only use the teleport room to travel to your own skyblock. I'm not kidding about this - If this occurs in the future, I may be handing out temp bans for this. I'll let it slide for now since the server is still new - but consider yourselves warned.

Oh: One more thing: I've realized that I forgot two more things necessary to advancing in the tech tree. First - you guys are going to need netherack. As soon as you build a nether portal, the magical admin fairy will come by and give you a stack of netherack. Second - you need a saw. However, I've decided to make you jump around in the tech tree. Once you tan three pieces of leather, I'll come by and trade them for a bellows. After that, you should be able to start producing your own iron.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Things are going well, I have images uploaded to imagur of my progress. But I found something weird. Mobs do not take sun damage if STANDING on half slabs?
Dale

Post by Dale »

"My First Night"

Currently I have no regular seeds nor do I have any grass. I have made some mistakes but what can ya do...
Anyways here is a progress report.

Click!
http://imgur.com/uLh9p
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

I've staked and checked out the chests on my lot (#7) but since I'm still rebuilding my desktop my decent mouse is having to hop between this laptop and that machine and I can't sit down and play for long. So i'm taking this time to figure out my plans.. especially where to put that lava so that it won't burn me in the ass later.. But I'll be more active soon and start tumblrin' my updates.. also deciding if I want to do a screenie every MC day or just as I hit milestones.
Dale

Post by Dale »

I was told to announce that I have lit my portal. Wheres my rack man? I mean personally I am a bottom kinda guy but Iz gottz tuh haz my rackz...?
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Twice today I have glitched into the floor of the spawn pad, and it doesn't get fixed by relogging, the only fix I know of is having someone kill you or breaking the block below you. Is there any way to either have a breakable block as the first layer of the spawn pad, or allow only the use of /kill?
Get the Deco Addon here!
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Dale - Don't worry 'bout your 'rack. Expect a man in dark glasses and a trenchcoat to be delivering that shortly. And Dawnraider, I'll fix that problem by having the TP block shoot you two blocks higher than it was. That way you'll drop a short distance onto the bedrock pillar, hopefully instead of landing inside it.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Splee, expect an answer to the lakkablaze situation with BWR. You should not need to edit in a spawner. Our goal is to make it possible to access the entire tech tree with no added resources. We're not quite there yet but it will be coming.
Better is the enemy of Good
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

DaveYanakov wrote:Splee, expect an answer to the lakkablaze situation with BWR. You should not need to edit in a spawner. Our goal is to make it possible to access the entire tech tree with no added resources. We're not quite there yet but it will be coming.
Wait - I was talking about a mob spawner to grow mossy cobble. I thought the blaze situation was solved by FC by allowing them to spawn on netherbrick.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

You can make netherbrick from skyblock resources without needing blaze powder?
Better is the enemy of Good
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Splee999 wrote:Dale - Don't worry 'bout your 'rack. Expect a man in dark glasses and a trenchcoat to be delivering that shortly. And Dawnraider, I'll fix that problem by having the TP block shoot you two blocks higher than it was. That way you'll drop a short distance onto the bedrock pillar, hopefully instead of landing inside it.
That is not the issue, it is after dying I get stuck at spawn, not my block.
Get the Deco Addon here!
Dale

Post by Dale »

dawnraider wrote:
Splee999 wrote:Dale - Don't worry 'bout your 'rack. Expect a man in dark glasses and a trenchcoat to be delivering that shortly. And Dawnraider, I'll fix that problem by having the TP block shoot you two blocks higher than it was. That way you'll drop a short distance onto the bedrock pillar, hopefully instead of landing inside it.
That is not the issue, it is after dying I get stuck at spawn, not my block.
And as of right now, I am also stuck. At spawn. Bouncing and unable to move. This glitch happens in SSP sometimes as well and the only way to get out of it is to either die and respawn or to break the block under you. I suspect it is a entity clipping bug. Regardless why it happens, it is a problem. Awaiting someone to log on and kill me isn't a good option since that could take a long time. What should I do? We need /kill or a higher respawn. And with FC's code I don't think you can change the original spawn?