Benanov's Inhospitable Wasteland - CLOSED / Deep Freeze

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
catboboooo

Re: Benanov's Inhospitable Wasteland (BTW 4.40 / BWR 0.23)

Post by catboboooo »

IGN: catboboooo

Why I want to join: Because I'm looking for a BTW wolves server. I also have past experience with this mod, as I have been playing it since about beta 1.7.3

I also want to see what it is like in a desert
parkerwowxdx

Post by parkerwowxdx »

IGN :- Parkerwowxdx

Interested because:

I am new to the BTW then wolves mod and I have played SSP to learn the basic, I wanted to go on a SMP server. I went on the IRC and ask around and some directed me to the server. I have got an SSP world but it messy and not very good, but I got the basic and I hoping a co-op world with other people, I can ask question and people will help me out and soon get used to the mod and help other new player.
Crazylemon64

Post by Crazylemon64 »

IGN - Crazylemon64

Why am I interested?:

I've heard great things about BWR, and it seems like a very intriguing mod. Playing it in its natural environment (Resource-scarce wastelands) should be a great experience. You guys seem to be pretty far in the tech tree, so I might split off of the group to avoid spoiling the challenge of the mod for me.
Luxzhv

Post by Luxzhv »

In Game Name:Luxzhv

Why I want to join: O_O Hardcore BTW Survival, Looks so hard but so awesome. Must try.

Exp with BTW: Some time, say a good 2 or 3 months last year. I kinda know what I'm doing but most of the hardcore things are new to me.

Hope I get W-Listed.
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

As an update, BWR 0.23 makes HC spawn actually 'work' now.

We're going to leave it in for a few days. If you find it really frustrating or you can't get started, please let me know. We are not sure it makes sense as implemented.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
obl1terat1ion

Post by obl1terat1ion »

IGN:obl1terat1ion

so after watching you guys talk about it in IRC i think i might want to join in on the fun :)
FlowerChild wrote:Can't make an omelet without blowing up a few chickens.
lighman2

Post by lighman2 »

I would like to join your server.

IGN: Lighman2

Why I would like to join: I have yet to play smp with BTW and I figure why not start off with a challenge and you seem to provide just that. Also like not having to interact with others and since HC spawn causes that it is also another reason for me to play.

BTW experience: I played BTW awhile back but got occupied with another mod I was also playing and now I just felt like I wanted to start up again.
Larmantine

Post by Larmantine »

Hello, would like to join.

IGN: Larmantine

Reason: Looks challenging. But challenges are more fun to do together. Been playing BTW since MC beta 1.7. Not the patient type for tedious things myself, but sometimes I ought to do it all.
weldaSB wrote:Edit: grammer
riels418

Post by riels418 »

IGN: riels418

Why I want to join: I played on a BTW SMP server back around September, but then school caught up to me and I had to take a long time off BTW focused on that.

Experience with BTW: Like I said, I played on a BTW Server, lifeiwater's server, for about a month. Before then, I made it some way into the tech tree, most of the time I integrated vMC with BTW, more focused on mining and general vMC play.
DieInDarkness

Post by DieInDarkness »

IGN:DieInDarkness

I'm new to BTW, and the server looks very interesting and challenging, I also would like to join to play together with my brother (LiveInPain).
Benanov

Re: Benanov's Inhospitable Wasteland (BTW 4.41 / BWR 0.24)

Post by Benanov »

I was on vacation, sorry. I'm back now - server is up to 4.41/0.24 and everyone who requested a whitelist got on (I could do *that* on vacation, but I had to have another player PM you.)

ItchyFlea

Post by ItchyFlea »

IGN: ItchyFlea
Reason to join: I prefer SMP over SSP simply for the aspect of potential trading with other players. I also like a challenge, and this server appears to both provide a challenge, and also implements a method of obtaining the otherwise unobtainable resources present in such a world.

A question: I use both Smart Moving and Rei's Minimap with BTW. Can I use them on this server, or are they not allowed?
Gareleus

Post by Gareleus »

To the extent of my knowledge Rei's Minimap has been incompatible with BTW for some time, has this changed? I only ask because many players deem it as "almost cheating" and it was inadvertently, though admittedly we were glad for it, made incompatible.
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

Pictures at last. I figured that this would be the right thread for these pics, as they were taken in The Wasteland.

I started with a little dirt, two saplings, some seeds, carrots, and potatoes...And through cross-breeding and with a lot of patience I've arrived at the Age of Steel, and I'm finally able to manipulate water.

The following is my first water tower and aqueduct. (The first of its kind I've ever built before.)

The Water Tower
Spoiler
Show
The Aqueduct
Spoiler
Show

Also I've had a few people suggest I do an LP...I'm considering it, and just might do it. Better With Renewables is a very fun add-on, and really deserves a spotlight.
Cthulhu for President: It's not the right choice, it's the only choice.
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

ItchyFlea wrote:IGN: ItchyFlea
Reason to join: I prefer SMP over SSP simply for the aspect of potential trading with other players. I also like a challenge, and this server appears to both provide a challenge, and also implements a method of obtaining the otherwise unobtainable resources present in such a world.

A question: I use both Smart Moving and Rei's Minimap with BTW. Can I use them on this server, or are they not allowed?
Whitelisted.

Trading is not discouraged, but you'll be hard-pressed to trade with some of the more advanced civilizations simply because nearly everything is renewable. A monopoly on gunpowder might get you a nice hydraulic despotism, though. Knowledge is freely given out.

The one trade I'm happy to do personally is a bunch of iron tools for 10 iron ingots. It's a bitch to find raw ingots in village smiths. However you can always raise a golem farm, and you'll need the emeralds for a portal to the nether if you can't find obsidian.

Here's the deal with the mods - it's your funeral. If Smart Moving causes you to crash your client connecting to the server, it's your problem. If SmartMoving crashes my server or shits all over my logs with "ItchyFlea moved wrongly" then it will be both of our problems, and I tend to solve mine pretty quickly.

I may try it out, just to see how I feel about it, but I err on the side of "well you got it to work, give it a shot"

Rei's is client-side only and if you can get it to work, that's fine by me, as long as you don't brag about it. I also ask that you not announce coordinates in the chat.
Last edited by Benanov on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benanov

Post by Benanov »

TaterBoy wrote:Pictures at last. I figured that this would be the right thread for these pics, as they were taken in The Wasteland.
These look great, and I get much better FPS looking at them in Firefox than I do in Minecraft. :)

mikeyagoto

Post by mikeyagoto »

Hey this server sounds really fun :) I would like to be whitelisted if you wouldn't mind, I feel like this I'd a really cool idea and would enjoy the chalenge it proposes.

Thanks

Mikeyagoto
displayer

Post by displayer »

This server looks really interesting. I would love to move to the famed 'inhospitable wasteland' to hone my minecraft-playing skills.

My IGN is indeed: displayer4

I shall be of no trouble to anyone
medullaman

Post by medullaman »

IGN Medullaman

Ok, I am scared and unsure.I have always been an underground type so this will be a very new experience for me... but hey, I am willing to try.

Kind of curious to see what people have created in this wasteland type environment.

Sign me up :)
Peter_364

Post by Peter_364 »

Can I please be white listed IGN same as forum name. :]
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

Chicken Farm
Where chickens go to die. This was pretty fun to set up and see it going to work right as I put the finishing touches on it. Chickens find their way quite easily to the vinetraps, pressure plates activate four pistons with chopping blocks on a delay, works every time.
Spoiler
Show
Clay Machine
Credit goes to Noir for the collection design, though since I had no clue how he wired it, I set up this pair of piston flip-flops, and after a lot of blind trial and error I was able to get it to behave how I wanted. (Buddy Block detects the block update, then the four BDs switch out the two changed blocks with two new ones.) I haven't seen it actually work yet, due to the process taking a very random, often long amount of time. It was fun to build though, and that's the point right?
Spoiler
Show
Hemp Farm
Pretty self-explanatory, however, I need to make a proper timer, as my initial educated eggdecator timer isn't reliable this early on
Spoiler
Show
Mob Trap
-Murderator 9000-
Too many saws you say? But overkill is so much fun!
Spoiler
Show
Bats! (It can be truly said that I have bats in my belfry.)
Just had this idea today, and I don't know if it works yet. I have a pair of hibachis on each floor of the mob trap, which I can activate with one level at the base of it. The hope is that the bats will randomly path into the fire, freeing up the space they take which seems to throttle spawnrates.
Spoiler
Show
Mob Trap Filtration
Won't get around to advanced filtration for a while, right now it only collects, destroying nitre, melting down tools, and not yet dividing arrows from bones.
Spoiler
Show
Exp Shower
Their souls are mine!
Spoiler
Show
Soul Urn Factory
This is the largest build I've put together on this server so far, as usual I've set it up so I only have to input clay and netherrack in order to create Soul Urns and Concentrated Hellfire. The systems are as follows in descending order:
Soul Mill
Spoiler
Show
Pottery Machine
Spoiler
Show
Kiln
Spoiler
Show
Bottler Room
Spoiler
Show
Hellfire Cauldron
Spoiler
Show
Full Factory View
And to see how it all looks from the outside, the last pic of this series:
Spoiler
Show
Cthulhu for President: It's not the right choice, it's the only choice.
Benanov

Re: Benanov's Inhospitable Wasteland (BTW 4.41 / BWR 0.25)

Post by Benanov »

And we've updated to 0.25, so this warrants a bump. Don't grind *all* your skulls.

Nice pictures, Tater.

Dale

Post by Dale »

Application~

My name is Dale. I am a long time BTW player and a beginner to BWR. I have been playing on Splees skyblock but after talking to you guys on mibit it seems splee ruined my challenge. I wanted to be on the skyblock for that very reason. Challenge. So if you would have me, id love the challenge.
DaveYanakov "Animals spawn in tall grass because pokemans"...
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Hey. I'd like to request a whitelist to check out what BWR fully has to offer on map that is slightly less punishing than sky block before Splees server is reset for that. Plus the concept just sounds fun in general :)
IGN: Euphanized09
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

So I managed to find several villages with saplings and fortified them, always getting blown up by an errant creeper or eaten by a couple of spiders that made it over the cacti before I could put a guard rail on top. Then on my latest respawn I managed to find my first base again! So I'm back in the game with trees and armor and weapons :) Probably going to set up a cross-breeding area and a millstone today and get to work on some extra plants later.
EDIT: clarity
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?