Noir's Designs (CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Wafflewaffle

Re: Noir's Design Thread

Post by Wafflewaffle »

Learning alot from you today! Keep up the good work.
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
BlackCat

Re: Noir's Design Thread

Post by BlackCat »

Wafflewaffle wrote:Learning alot from you today! Keep up the good work.
Bwahaha that avatar practically made me fall out of my chair, and thanks :)
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
Xaedblade

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos

Post by Xaedblade »

Hey, I love your block update replacer! I use it for cobblestone/smoothstone generator. But eventually it stops working and I need to break a block to get it going. My question is is there a better way? I understand that it was not made to do what I am using it for but it can work well... thanks !
You have saved me hours of mining :)
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Xaedblade wrote:Hey, I love your block update replacer! I use it for cobblestone/smoothstone generator. But eventually it stops working and I need to break a block to get it going. My question is is there a better way? I understand that it was not made to do what I am using it for but it can work well... thanks !
Yeah generally what I use for a cobble gen is a constant buddy block pulser with a 4 tick delay going into a block dispenser, cobble isn't very picky, smoothstone on the other hand, is something I've not tackled yet (well I have but it was supreme overkill) though I can get to work on that pretty soon if you would like. Hope that helps some!
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

Xaedblade

Post by Xaedblade »

BlackCat wrote:
Xaedblade wrote:Hey, I love your block update replacer! I use it for cobblestone/smoothstone generator. But eventually it stops working and I need to break a block to get it going. My question is is there a better way? I understand that it was not made to do what I am using it for but it can work well... thanks !
Yeah generally what I use for a cobble gen is a constant bu ddy block pulser with a 4 tick delay going into a block dispenser, cobble isn't very picky, smoothstone on the other hand, is something I've not tackled yet (well I have but it was supreme overkill) though I can get to work on that pretty soon if you would like. Hope that helps some!
That would be great! I will give the delay a try. You are the best btw redstoner ever! Cheers
Xaedblade

Post by Xaedblade »

Would you be able to show what that cobblestone gen works? Had some trouble figuring it out.
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Xaedblade wrote:Would you be able to show what that cobblestone gen works? Had some trouble figuring it out.
Yeah I just got back from work, I'll whip up an example for you and post it here.

Xaedblade

Post by Xaedblade »

Awesome! Thanks!
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Sorry it took so long, got distracted on mumble :P
Spoiler
Show

Xaedblade

Post by Xaedblade »

Works perfect! Thanks. Also I like your general vid but it would be nice to have you explain them with sound. Thanks again!
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Xaedblade wrote:Works perfect! Thanks. Also I like your general vid but it would be nice to have you explain them with sound. Thanks again!
Absolutely come into the irc if you have any other questions, I'm almost always available in the afternoons, just ping me (nick is noir) and I'd be glad to help out!

BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Woooooooooooo mob trap filtering video is out now!

Everyone should go give battosay and mason cookies, without them I wouldn't have been able to do this.

Syruse

Post by Syruse »

That's a pretty neat sorting system there, possibly the best I've ever seen. Good job, man. :)
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Syruse wrote:That's a pretty neat sorting system there, possibly the best I've ever seen. Good job, man. :)
<3 syroose

Also incase anyone cares, I've uploaded a video about smart pistons.

Talrea

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos (Now with 95% more filtering!)

Post by Talrea »

wow that smart piston, vid, has well reduced the amount of space and redstone in my next project greatly, thanks, thats a very interesting and sneaky idea.

its basically going to be a grand clock built into a house, but that smart piston idea means i can well, get rid of alot of redstone and timing needed, simplifying it greatly. as the first piston can now trigger the chain of pistons later, without complicated timing systems, i'll still need to build the clock but the stuff in the house can run without being triggered by redstone.

thanks for all the cool designs
Dilun

Post by Dilun »

how about smart and nasty traps or fancy mechanisms or supper happy fun slide thing??
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Dilun wrote:how about smart and nasty traps or fancy mechanisms or supper happy fun slide thing??
Erm...What?

BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Indecipherable requests aside, I uploaded a video of my latest (and likely greatest) dung farm to date.

Can you say Iron Free Poop Machine? :)

icynewyear

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos (Overkill is good for you!)

Post by icynewyear »

You have seriously inspired me to really start looking at automation in btw. Thank you.
Kombucha

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos (Detector Blocks Are a Thing!)

Post by Kombucha »

Might be a bit simple compared to some of your other devices. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to design an aqueduct system using screw pumps that carries water from a natural source to another location some distance away.
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Kombucha wrote:Might be a bit simple compared to some of your other devices. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to design an aqueduct system using screw pumps that carries water from a natural source to another location some distance away.
That's fairly simple I suppose, though I don't have access to my desktop computer at the moment, I'll try and take a few screenshots and explain it.

Edit: Do you mean moving a body of water or just one source? Because if you have a screw pump flowing into the water stream it is receiving from it will automatically shut off.

Also I'm not able to go in and take screenshots at the moment, sorry about that :(

Edit (again): Wiki page on the screw pump is extremely well done, it must have been improved substantially since my last visit.
Wiki page: http://sargunster.com/btw/index.php?title=Screw_Pump
Last edited by BlackCat on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kombucha

Post by Kombucha »

BlackCat wrote:
Kombucha wrote:Might be a bit simple compared to some of your other devices. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to design an aqueduct system using screw pumps that carries water from a natural source to another location some distance away.
That's fairly simple I suppose, though I don't have access to my desktop computer at the moment, I'll try and take a few screenshots and explain it.
Thanks in advance.
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

If you want an aqueduct system the wiki page gives good information and there's also an old thread on the subject as well with a few neat things in it.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
Kombucha

Post by Kombucha »

I'd referenced the wiki page in fact. And despite reproducing exactly what I thought I saw, I couldn't get them to function beyond the first Screw Pump Box. Specifically the second box would take in the incoming water and pass it on for a second, then suddenly stop and become inactive.

Checking out the provided thread link post-haste!
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

It sounds to me like you had backflow problems. (Screw pumps will periodically check to see if the water they are pumping is traveling in a loop back to themselves, if it is, they shut off) That's why the aqueducts in the wiki have those stone brick blocks to the top right of each screw pump.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪