Sharing useful builds that get the job done

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
BlackCat

Re: Sharing useful builds that get the job done

Post by BlackCat »

*sigh* This is about as far as I've gotten with the whole sand pusher deal
Spoiler
Show
ImageImage
From bottom to top the contents of the block dispensers are as follows
1. Any + RST
2. Any + RST
3. 15 Nonsolid + 1 RST
4. Sand
and the one on the back is just to prevent any runaway sand.

Edit: Just to be clear, with this setup the pusher will automatically cycle between pushing and eating the sand.

Edit: Picture of the (nearly finished) tree farm using this design
Spoiler
Show
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
Arzela

Pottery maker

Post by Arzela »

Sorry if someone has already done this, but here is my automatic pottery maker:

Its primary components consist of two turntables, two block dispensers, and a block detector.

Spoiler
Show
The block dispenser at the top of the image contains clay blocks only. The block detector on the right is connected to this block dispenser with redstone so that when the dispenser places a clay block on the turntable in front of it, it stays on as long as there is a block or clay balls on the turntable.

The block dispenser on the left hand side of the image contains the desired pottery item in one of its inventory spaces and full stacks of cobblestone in the remaining inventory slots.

The turntable on the left hand side of the image sends pulses to both dispensers.

With this setup, the following actions occur:

1) The top dispenser dispenses a clay block on the turntable. The detector block detects this and keeps the dispenser powered.

2) The clay block begins its transformation into the desired pottery item. During this time, both dispensers are being powered on and off via the turntable set up on the left; but nothing happens since the top dispenser is always on and the left dispenser can't eject items (as there is a block in the way) nor can it suck in an item (since there is not a valid block to suck in).

3) Once the clay is transformed into the desired pottery item the dispenser on the left sucks it in after it receives its next pulse. There are clay balls on the turntable now so the top dispenser remains powered. When the left dispenser receives the next pulse, it places a cobblestone block and sucks it back in. This clears the clay balls that have accumulated, storing them in the hopper at the bottom of the image. The detector block shuts off and the dispenser on the top shuts off.

4) The cycle repeats.

The turntables are at setting two, and with the repeaters having the delays shown in the image, the machine works very nicely. Blocks (I used glass here) have to be placed around the contraption so that the clay balls are forced to be either on top of the spinning pottery or on the pottery's turntable.

I hope the explanation above is clear.

(I can't figure out how to place the image properly. Can someone help me here?)
Last edited by Arzela on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
shifty

Post by shifty »

Thats an interesting use of the BD, don't think I've ever seen design like that before, its clever :) As for the image you need to remove the '.html' from the url for the image to show.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

shifty wrote:Thats an interesting use of the BD, don't think I've ever seen design like that before, its clever :) As for the image you need to remove the '.html' from the url for the image to show.
I agree, that is clever. I don't think I've seen a pottery design like that before. Its limited to 64 of one item without manual intervention but its really neat! Every system has its pros and cons. The low resource, quick setup and waterless design of this one makes it a really good system that could just be tossed together pretty much wherever.
DaveYanakov

Re: Pottery maker

Post by DaveYanakov »

Arzela wrote:*snip*
Spoiler
Show
(I can't figure out how to place the image properly. Can someone help me here?)
Like this
Better is the enemy of Good
abzu93

Re: Pottery maker

Post by abzu93 »

Arzela wrote:Sorry if someone has already done this, but here is my automatic pottery maker
Isn't it semi-automatic? It processes one stack of urns, and they have to be manually retrieved, unless I'm missing something.

It's a very clever way to quickly produce stacks of urns on demand, and I could use this in my current build as I'm not quite at the level of building automated factories yet. Good job!
BTW Independence Sig
Spoiler
Show
Arzela

Post by Arzela »

abzu93 wrote:
Arzela wrote:Sorry if someone has already done this, but here is my automatic pottery maker
Isn't it semi-automatic? It processes one stack of urns, and they have to be manually retrieved, unless I'm missing something.

It's a very clever way to quickly produce stacks of urns on demand, and I could use this in my current build as I'm not quite at the level of building automated factories yet. Good job!
Thanks, and thanks to others for the kind comments.

Yes it is indeed semi-automatic and its failing is that you have to manually retrieve the pottery.

I think, though, that if you place 2 desired pottery items in other slots, in place of the cobblestone "filler", it should still work (though there may be a chance that a slot will eventually become empty; I should think that through... ).
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Tree farm download http://www.mediafire.com/?y8djof8ye6f2rzn

Edit: Might as well throw this neat trashcan design in
Spoiler
Show
Edit again: Well alternatively you could just use a block dispenser to place a lever on a block dispenser that has a block dispenser in it. But that's way more confusing :)

Yay for more edits because I don't want to double post! Have some more stuff
Conveyer thing
Spoiler
Show
Trashcan V2
Spoiler
Show
Block Deleters
Spoiler
Show
ImageImageImage
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
Ryukaa

Post by Ryukaa »

Well its time to make my first post after lurking around waiting for registry to be open again :)

This is my "Semi-automatic" Melon or Pumkin collector.

Materials:
1 Sticky piston
1 Repeater
2 Redstone Torches
4 Redstone

Also 1 Pumkin/Melon Plant (Planter is not required)
Spoiler
Show
Preferrable its build in Midair so the Pumkin/Melon stack in a kind of "buffer"
If build high enough above a Chicken farm you can use it as an early automatic feeder.
Just let the "fruit" drop onto a Fencepost above the chickens

Have Fun with it :)
If unable to write History, at least cause some Confusion!
mCharger

Post by mCharger »

Although this isn't useful, and it doesn't really get any "jobs" done, I figured I'd share this little device I like to call "the Pit of FUN" with you guys. Quite simply, it's an annoyance trap. Sometimes, you simply want to annoy an intruder instead of killing them, and this trap does the job quite well. It uses the old "detector block/sticky piston pusher" that's been around since the beginning of this thread and a simple floor trap to rapidly push the victim in a circle in a small dark pit.

First you need to set this up at the bottom. Anything that lands there will be pushed around by the detector blocks in a circular motion. (It works with blocks, people, animals, and even items, so you don't have to use yourself as a life test subject)
Spoiler
Show
After that, a simple floor trap should work. It doesn't really matter how you do this part, as long as they fall in the pit.
Spoiler
Show
Here's the completed "Pit of FUN" without a false floor. Make sure the surrounding walls are made of obsidian so they can't immediately mine their way out. It's rather difficult to place a block while being pushed around, but even so make sure it's at least three tall so they can't just jump out. Having the trap floor close back up after the victim has fallen in makes it even more confusing, since there is no light.
Spoiler
Show
Have fun with this, and as a disclaimer: I am not responsible for any seizures "The Pit of FUN" may cause.

Spoilers for the pics please.
-Batto
TheAnarchitect wrote:mCharger: You have my praise for good use of space and material. Nice work.
Blazara

Post by Blazara »

Just a quick note on the above post, can you spoiler your images please? This applies to every thread really, just makes navigating the page a bit more convenient :).
Blazara wrote: I, am a BETTERTHANwolfaboo.
mattizcool

Post by mattizcool »

@Ryukaa That is a nice design. I like it even more that it can be used for an auto chicken feeder. I'm gonna use it.
FlowerChild wrote:Hookers and blow! WOOT!!!!
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

Vertically tileable melon/pumpkin farm:
Spoiler
Show
The redstone must be on a half slab otherwise the torch will power the block when tiled vertically.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
Siege Wizard

Post by Siege Wizard »

Have you tried it? The DB may be interfering with the BD, as when it turns the torch off, it may be powering the BD itself breaking the design.

If it does work, you could also use a cross-pattern (one north-south, next west-east, next north-south) so that you are able to stack it every 2 blocks instead of every 3, and in this case you could use blocks instead of slabs.

S.W.