Why we need RTH now more then ever

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
finite8

Re: Why we need RTH now more then ever

Post by finite8 »

I just keep going over Jebs response in my head. I love things that Notch makes, and I've been following 0x10c and it looks really promising, but Jeb effectively in creative charge of the Minecraft Trademark is just wrong. I know they say they all have meetings together, but Notch doesn't care about Minecraft any more. I imagine himself sitting in the meetings tuning out and focusing on his current project, and waving his had dismissively saying "Yeah, do whatever makes them happy".

I mean, i don't totally blame him. Projects when they move into the maintenance phase get horribly boring, but it just seems strange to quite frankly not have any real heart or care or willingness to go "No, that's not what Minecraft is suppose to be". Just take a look at this post:

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2818831275 ... -minecraft

At the very start he says:
notch wrote:Keep in mind I am no longer the lead developer on Minecraft, Jens is. This post is about what I thought about back when I was making it
Right there. He has removed himself from Minecraft creatively. I imagine (I'm not in the games industry so i can only guess) when a new person steps in to a franchise and takes creative control and go their own way, they are the ones who make a crap sequel and leaves everyone to think "Jeez, the first one was way better" or "Wow, i like where they took it!". What has happened is that he has had a vision for the game, put it into Minecraft, then got to a point and decided "Fuck it. I'm sick of this. I want to do something else. Lets just wrap it up", slapped on some unthoughtful ending to it and then gave it to Jeb saying "Do whatever you want with it". The current game we play has been manipulated into what Jeb imagines is fun with little say from us. The original product has been changed, warped and tainted with another persons idea. It's like having a person writing one half of a book, then giving it to someone else and saying "Here, you finish it".

Minecraft always felt "unfinished", but that was the point wasn't it? Isn't that what attracted us to it?
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
ichat

Post by ichat »

im kind of a bit new to the forum, and addmittedly im not verry happy about the way minecraft works.. but, wouldn't it be better for many users and maybe even your personal gain if you used one of the rip-off MC clones

i mean mc is constantly changing, adding features that are far from fun to play with,

to be even more precise: i would happely move minecraft to my trash bin, of there was a BTW like game rather than a btw mod...

emagine the idea that vilagers would actually be peasants ... requiring food / drinks / rest just like the player, you could make them work for you in exchange for 'food and currency'

also i stronly dislike the current redston implement. i mean, driving a train on a torch or a button signal... where is the dynamo, or better yet... why is't the train steam powered... preferably coal+water bucket, <up> key driving <down> key brakeing

yet i wonder if many of these kinds of changes would be 'possible' with current minecraft implements
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

You're severely necroing a thread to basically suggest something that's already been decided on. Don't do that.