Installing and updating johnsmith texturepack.

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
eburum14

Installing and updating johnsmith texturepack.

Post by eburum14 »

Hello.
I have been trying to install BTW, Modloader, MinecraftForge and TomanyItems, alone with the Johnsmith Texture pack for about three hours now.

I can do the mods separately and they work fine.

I can install the Johnsmith texture pack and update it using mcpatcher-2.1.0_02 and it works.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to install them all together.

I've tried installing the texturepack and updating it first and then manually putting the mods in minecraft.jar file. All I get when I hit log in is a black screen.

I've also tired using mcpatcher to install all the mods when i update but that doesn't seem to install BTW.

If I install the mods and put the texture pack on its fine{To the point of where the texture pack is broken ie, no fire, brick is all weird looking etc..}. Its just when i update that minecraft breaks.

If anyone could PLEASE PLEASE give me a step by step or tell me what I'm doing wrong, I will be so grateful.

Thanks Eburum

Edit: All of the mods and texture pack are the most updated version.
Urian

Re: Installing and updating johnsmith texturepack.

Post by Urian »

Here's how I do it:
  1. Start with a clean install of Minecraft.
  2. Patch MC with the Texture Patcher (I also use 2.1.0_02 so it should work just fine).
  3. Follow the instructions for installing BTW and it's prerequisites (if memory serves, first ModLoader, then Forge (use Forge 1.0.4, since 1.0.5 has some issues with textures) and finally BTW)
  4. Put the .zip-file for JohnSmith into the texture packs folder in your minecraft folder.
  5. Put the contents of the BTW add-on for JohnSmith into the .zip-file.
  6. Play the game with new and shiny textures!
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
eburum14

Re: Installing and updating johnsmith texturepack.

Post by eburum14 »

Urian wrote:Here's how I do it:
  1. Start with a clean install of Minecraft.
  2. Patch MC with the Texture Patcher (I also use 2.1.0_02 so it should work just fine).
  3. Follow the instructions for installing BTW and it's prerequisites (if memory serves, first ModLoader, then Forge (use Forge 1.0.4, since 1.0.5 has some issues with textures) and finally BTW)
  4. Put the .zip-file for JohnSmith into the texture packs folder in your minecraft folder.
  5. Put the contents of the BTW add-on for JohnSmith into the .zip-file.
  6. Play the game with new and shiny textures!

Have my babies?
Thank you so much.

Love minecraft. Hate the default look of it. Yuck.