Devoid of Wolves

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
thygrrr

Devoid of Wolves

Post by thygrrr »

Since I doubt this is even a bug, I put this in the support forum to get some opinions on it. It's kind of a "I doubt the nature of reality" thing, you know...

In my past two standard worlds, one generated at 1.4.5 / BTW4.36 and one at 1.4.5 / BTW4.37, I can't for the love of it find any wolves or ocelots (despite gargantuan stretches of Jungle biomes and numerous taiga and forest areas). The world is strangely full of cows and pigs, though (strange as in 'no need for farming' full of them).

I spawned some Wolf eggs in creative mode, frustrated because I spent around 10 hours in each world looking for them, traveling in a radius of about three game days around the spawn of my world. Ironically, the world I created before that (1.4.4 / BTW4.35) was literally chock full of wolves. I played the 1.4.5 worlds in SSP, LAN and SMP. Same behavior on all game types.

Do wolves really spawn with so much variance, or did something break? I never had so much trouble finding them, and I've played MC for a while now. :)
SterlingRed

Re: Devoid of Wolves

Post by SterlingRed »

It really is a random thing. It can take ten seconds or many in game days to come across them. Not many tricks to it other than explore wolf spawn possible biomes and camp out until they show up.
jicky

Post by jicky »

well at least you could find cows, in the last 3 worlds i have tried i have found 0 cows and 0 wolves.
now scouring several different seeds to find one with both. still looking =(
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Bye bye.