Welcome to Edolas [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
magikeh

Re: Welcome to Edolas (Server information)

Post by magikeh »

Psion wrote:OK, seriously? Who keeps stealing the minecarts inside the ender chest in the nether?
Ive been thinking about this and i thought it to be strange that the enderchests were dimension specific. would it be be possible that they're glitched and they keep deleting the items inside them when the server is restarted? (here i am assuming the server does regular-daily restart) Just a thought, but if it is a person that is taking them, then please stop. >.> its quite frustrating to have to run the entire length of your track..
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
sleekjazz

Post by sleekjazz »

Hi Facefoiled,

Just wondering if you will be updating the server to MC1.4.4 /BTW 4.35 anytime soon, as I just cant seem to get BTW working on my machine on with MC1.4.2.

Cheers
Sleek
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I'm in the Netherlands at the moment. But I'll see what I can do
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Sorry about the delay so far, I did not have the time available to update the server. I fly home tonight, at which point I will update the server as soon as my pc is turned on. :)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

And finally updated. :)
duartemad

Post by duartemad »

FaceFoiled wrote:And finally updated. :)
Yes! I can play now yey!
Thanks dude!
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

FaceFoiled wrote:And finally updated. :)
Thanks for updating! :)
When you're on next time and have a few minutes to spare, could you perhaps test, if the enderchest in the nether gets emptied on a server restart?
It is empty again now, but I'm not sure enough if the cause is a restart to open a bug report.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I had a few questions in regards to my website, and the continuity of this thread, so I thought I'd clear the air here.

Yes, I am building up my website which has a section dedicated to Edolas where I intend to provide a lot of information and updates. I will not stop to update this thread though, as before I will provide information/updates here.

I will however, provide more stuff related to the server on my website. More, in the way of pictures, videos and stuff like that. For those that are active, I was thinking of adding a page for them as well.

They won't be able to update it directly, but I can add the updates quickly and easily. All I would need is a mail with the text/pictures you want there. :) For example, I now have a page for Cowsgospace, where he can provide details on his builds and such (when he gives me the info).

The main reason I started this website, is to share my gaming experiences and have a place to gather it all instead of spreading it out over various forums/websites. That is also why I prefer multiplay games over single player, as I like to share the stuff I do with others. With that in mind, I thought it would be fun for those on Edolas to be able and share their builds/stories as well (if they/you want to).

Just something to keep in mind! =)
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

Hey Face, sorry i haven't been on lately - I've been playing on Better than Solo, Just for a change of scenery and whatnot.

AndreM - the server admin does a pretty good job at managing entities, and it seems to have a major impact. I know alot of people on our server have alot of entities, including people who have alot of automation. I think we need to work on that alot to improve server performance, and improve tick time. I think another big issue is that alot of chunks haven't been unloaded, and thererfore are still loaded, even though noone is in the chunk. (Also coupled with that memory leak; this is why a server restart helps.)

I just thought i would drop a line and tell you, in hopes this would provide for some insight.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Yes the auto restarts are pretty nice, but for some reason the server does not give a notification when it does the auto restart. As such, I turned that off and simply restart it from time to time manually.

I sadly can't work on entity control in the way that AndreM does, as I have no plugin/coding knowledge to apply the chunk control and such. Edolas really is just MC + BTW.
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

FaceFoiled wrote:Yes the auto restarts are pretty nice, but for some reason the server does not give a notification when it does the auto restart. As such, I turned that off and simply restart it from time to time manually.

I sadly can't work on entity control in the way that AndreM does, as I have no plugin/coding knowledge to apply the chunk control and such. Edolas really is just MC + BTW.

Ironically, he doesn't have automated restarts. I was talking about BTW automation like auto cow killers and the lot.
I'm not trying to put Edolas down in any way, i'm simply trying to help provide clarification, and insight.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

What do you mean by the cow killers though? (As an example)
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

hey FF just a quick question, do you have any issues of slow mob-traps on your server?(even when the caves around said trap are lit)
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

You can build and do whatever you want man. :P
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

'-' i meant, do mob-traps are having less drops then they normally do recently on your server?
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Ow. :P no idea, as far as I know they are still quite productive.
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

magikeh wrote:
Psion wrote:OK, seriously? Who keeps stealing the minecarts inside the ender chest in the nether?
Ive been thinking about this and i thought it to be strange that the enderchests were dimension specific. would it be be possible that they're glitched and they keep deleting the items inside them when the server is restarted? (here i am assuming the server does regular-daily restart) Just a thought, but if it is a person that is taking them, then please stop. >.> its quite frustrating to have to run the entire length of your track..
We've also lost enderchest contents on restart. Vanilla MC makes enderchest contents part of the player file, which is written to disk when a player logs out. It's possible that the shared enderchest contents aren't written to disk when the server restarts, depending on how it is restarted.

I may have to dig around in the code & make a repeatable case. How does Edolas restart daily?
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Edolas restarts when nobody is online, or when someone notifies me and requests a restart to reduce the server stress.

Also;
Updated to 1.4.5 // 4.36
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

FaceFoiled wrote:Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

What do you mean by the cow killers though? (As an example)

Like the machines that Breed the cow, grow the cow, then kill it. Sometimes those entities don't get unloaded.
Psion

Post by Psion »

Yay, new update out~

And apparently the minecart thief really was just a bug. Sad we won't be able to have a nether enderchest of minecarts now, but glad to see it was just the game glitching out on us, not a rogue in need of iron. :3
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

And updated.
Mac

Post by Mac »

I'm really glad that once I get back home I'll be able to
play again.
Should probably start savivg up to get myself a bloody laptop for travel that can run my games.
See you guys when I get back.
My Youtube channel.

FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Have a good journey Mac. =)
Mac

Post by Mac »

FaceFoiled wrote:Have a good journey Mac. =)
Thank you M'Lord (hope that's how it's spelled).

Update Oktober 26 11.42AM CEST:
Will be online in about 11 hours.
Will probably go on a little "hunt" once I'm on.
Anyone who does not whishes to "participate", please raise your hand.
Will check back here shortly before going online.

Hope to see you all soon.
Update 16.30 CEST
Strike the hunt, I'll just enjoy being able to play again.

Update Oktober 27 00.00 AM CEST

While I was on vacation this weekend someone did some illegal mining in my basement and has therefore defiled my dear and to myself quite holy home.
This is unacceptable, while I generally do not mind if someone takes a look around,
mining resources inside my home simply cannot be tolerated from my side.
To myself this constitutes as an act of griefing.
Also, while the area around spawn is mostly deserted I do still live there and will continue to,
generally one should ask before doing something to or in someones home since they might just be
temporarily not there and will or might come back.
By the way, my home is the one with the antenna on a tower by the ocean behind the market.
So, will the the person responsible please step forward.
Last edited by Mac on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Youtube channel.

Mac

Post by Mac »

While it may seem like I mostly post here in complaint about things,
I do still like this this server and its inhabitants.

Also, while at minecon I did attend a panel about running a server ( not the mindcrack one btw),
and one thing that i took from that panel is, that there may be a lack of community
based events or the like which do keep things interesting.
That also might be a reason why there aren't as many people online most of the time as the server
has slots available.
Things do tend to get a bit dull at times honestly.
And some sort of challenge to meet, from time to time doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.
Any one also got any idea as how to spice up a bit at times?
My Youtube channel.