Hunting

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
BinoAl

Hunting

Post by BinoAl »

For the first time in my life, I'm going hunting (Which is a bit of an oddity, living in mid-Michigan my entire life)! Leaving today and staying further north for a few days with my brother, his fiance, and our dad. We got a pretty good spot. Apparently, we're the first to hunt in this piece of land in over 10 years. Wish me luck, and I'll try and resist the urge to punch a tree for wood while I'm up there :)
Marasambala

Re: Hunting

Post by Marasambala »

BinoAl wrote:I'll try and resist the urge to punch a tree for wood while I'm up there :)
Achievement get, broken hand.
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Marasambala wrote:Achievement get, broken hand.
Wear a glove! :D

Also bino: What are you guys hunting for? And does this mean that you will be knocking on my door any time soon? xD
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

magikeh wrote: Also bino: What are you guys hunting for? And does this mean that you will be knocking on my door any time soon? xD
Deer :D My brother managed to get a yearling doe. I managed to get a couple shots in at some doe that were scared my way by my dad, but missed. Still, at least I had the chance to fail ^.^
ArmyAirborne

Post by ArmyAirborne »

Nice!

I'm out in the woods myself. Deer in the morning and evening and rabbit and squirrel in the afternoon.

Got a nice brace of bunnies yesterday.
Zeranamu

Post by Zeranamu »

I grew up in Alaska, so I am fairly acclimated with hunting. Hunting deer was the first thing I ever did (bear and seal came later), although hunting does wasn't allowed until a number of years after I had been old enough to shoot my own deer (bucks only, at that point). It can be fun, and challenging, and since my step-family at the time were Tlingit, I was also taught about not being wasteful, and using most if not all of what you killed. Which was a good learning experience :) I hope you had a fun time!

Though on a more personal note, venison doesn't sit well with me, never did care for the taste (unless we made it into hamburger instead of steaks, and used something like Hamburger Helper, lol).
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Hunting people would come to me much easier than hunting animals..
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Zeranamu

Post by Zeranamu »

MoRmEnGiL wrote:Hunting people would come to me much easier than hunting animals..
That is... slightly disturbing, but you could always join the army? :P
abzu93

Post by abzu93 »

Zeranamu wrote:
MoRmEnGiL wrote:Hunting people would come to me much easier than hunting animals..
That is... slightly disturbing, but you could always join the army? :P
Having been in the Army, hunting people is a rare specialized skill taught to only certain combat MOS's. Your more likely to learn how to scream, "How high?" when someone yells "Jump" at you. That, and learn to bust your ass to get from point A to point B in order to wait.

When people thank me for my service, I'm literally dumbfounded that someone thinks these skills are valuable. Hunting people is not what I learned in the Army.
BTW Independence Sig
Spoiler
Show
Zeranamu

Post by Zeranamu »

abzu93 wrote:Hunting people is not what I learned in the Army.
I am aware it isn't exactly what they teach in the army, but my alcohol infused brain had no other word to come up with at the time. My apologies ^^