Minecraft Forge + Optifine

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
kaspermwh

Minecraft Forge + Optifine

Post by kaspermwh »

I know this isnt the place to be posting this. But since BTW is using Minecraft Forge, maybe some of you have found a fix for it?

There is a shared .class file that Optifine and Forge conflicts with.

Again, just asking if anyone has found a fix. Not much to do with BTW :)...

EDIT:
This is as far as i can get it working on my own....
http://www.myupload.dk/showfile/984045b624a.png/
From left: Lightblock, Saw, Axle, gearbox, and Turntable....
TyberAlyx

Re: Minecraft Forge + Optifine

Post by TyberAlyx »

It is best to wait. The maker of optifine is aware of the incompatibility and have taken it to consideration. I bet minecraft forge must be considered because of its usefulness and its popularity is increasing, just be a little bit patient. But..

I have a slow computer as well but I have taken different methods to make minecraft faster. Here are some tips:

-Gamebooster. it is a small program and its only 5mb. It temporarily closes processes in the computer that takes the computer's processing power.

-Defrag your memory. Almost all computer has this program called Disk fragmenter. Maintaining your data disk would lead to faster loading times and could help in the chunk creation of minecraft.

-Upgrade to the last Java build, which so far is JDK7. Be sure to know your computer's specs if it is 32bit or 64bit and download the right JDK for your computer.

-Another one is to open minecraft, then open task manager. (control+alt+delete) go to the process tab and right click the javaw.exe, then set priority to High. (not real time, it is tempting to set it on very high though it could cause issues)

-If you are using laptop, there should be a battery icon at the lower right, right click it and select battery options, and between powersaver, balance, and highperformance, choose what is obvious. :)

-Run minecraft with a lower memory capacity. Open CMD and try running this custom launcher

Code: Select all

set APPDATA=C:\Minecraft
start /high javaw -Xmx256M -Djava.library.path=bin/natives -cp bin/minecraft.jar;bin/jinput.jar;bin/lwjgl.jar;bin/lwjgl_util.jar net.minecraft.client.Minecraft <username> <password>
-last is to go to mycomputer, but instead of clicking it, right click it then go to properties, then go to advance system settings then on performance, click settings, then choose "adjust to best performance". It would make your computer have less design in interface and closes more applications that runs in the background to fully maximize performance. You could easily revert back by going back to the same menu but reverting it to "let windows choose what is best for my computer"

So far, it really increased my performance in minecraft, I hope yours would do as well.

ps. this forum is very strict by the way so be aware of your post and take notion of where to post your questions next time. Been caught suggesting at the wrong forum before and got slammed down, it is best that it would not happen to you too :)
kaspermwh

Post by kaspermwh »

Thanks for the tips, but im affraid thats not my issue.

MC with BTW runs fine without Optifine, and i dont normally use it. But when patch 1.7.3 came my hd textures (32 and up) screwed up handheld items. Optifine has a fix for that, otherwise i would just use MCPatcher :)

Screenshot of broken handheld items:

http://www.myupload.dk/showfile/984047ff27f.png/
Notice the weird edge on the edge of the axe.
And yes.. i must play minecraft with a texturepack. Vanilla minecraft is just too boring :(
M!C

Post by M!C »

kaspermwh wrote:I know this isnt the place to be posting this.
Then why not post it in the off topic section?

EDIT: Battosay moved it, so nothing to worry about anymore.
Last edited by M!C on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaspermwh

Post by kaspermwh »

Because it does concern BTW indirectly, and because people who might have the same issue would be looking here rather than in the Off-topic section.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Moved to tech support