Welcome to Edolas [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
FrostMcloud

Re: Welcome to Edolas (Server information)

Post by FrostMcloud »

(for TS3 info, refer to the post below V V V )
Last edited by FrostMcloud on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

I don't see the need for another VOIP server, to be honest. Edolas has its own Mumble server, and I've only seen it being used once.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
FrostMcloud

Post by FrostMcloud »

More customization, higher upkeep, each channel/lobby has its own fileshare(of which i can create an unlimited number), in depth permissions system, built in chat, plugin options as well, works well with any game. Besides the point, if it works out, it works out; if it doesnt, it doesnt. Ive got the bill, so its not costing anyone nor hurting anyone. It will just take me a little bit of time to set it up properly.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

The server has been updated to 4.33.
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

I keep getting a "Failed to login:Error"

Edit: Help.Mojang.net was of no help, i looked in the minecraftforums.net and found that others are having the same problem.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Having the same issue myself now, sadly it is Minecraft login related, not the server. :(
Though I guess that is a good thing :P
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

Mojang shows multiplayer sessions are down D:
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

\o/

I was wondering if anybody needs a certain resource badly, and has excess supplies of another. I am likely going to finish the first bit of the tower tonight (final roofing/glass walls), after which I am finally going to start on expending to the sides for the city part. I will start with the focus on one side first, so I can setup the first workshop as well (lumber mill), so I don't have to travel across the world for Prof's sawing station all the time. :P

With that comes all the wiring for the lighting and such. I will likely have enough resources for the first bit (mainly redstone), but seriously lack mossy cobble stone for BD's. I started gathering it from the spawner I have underneath my mountain home, but it is going slowly. :P (mainly because I am not there often for it to convert :D).

So with that, who needs what and is willing to trade stuff. :D

In the near future, I will need more Redstone, Mossy Cobble (BD's), Gold (lenses).

I'd have to check to be sure, but I will at least have some lapiz for trade and some other odd bits and pieces. Let me know! :)
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

I can definitely supply you with some mossy cobble. I've got 18 stacks in my base and at least 20 stacks more at the three spawners around my base, just say how much you want!
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

That would be great! :) I don't need that much truth be told, but I'll get back to you on that. =)

I am mentally designing the sawmill building now, which is hurting my brain. :P
Mac

Post by Mac »

If you happen to need any amount of smooth-stone, feel free use the generator in my backyard FaceFoiled.
It's the house at the ocean behind the Market with the antenna on the tower.
I'll also look into what I can spare from my collected resources.
My Youtube channel.

Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

Found a old picture, made me grin :)
Spoiler
Show
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

The collection grows;
(direct link again, due to the size of the picture)

http://i.imgur.com/bIw7H.jpg

Skycity;

Roofing is done over the central tower/rings part. finally started construction of the first additional building which will be the sawmill. REJOICE! \o/ =D
Also, if you don't know what to do; Climb to the top (or take the elevator, but be warned; it can be lethal), and when at the top, jump down with Shift pressed. Aim for a rope, and when you land on it, aim for another rope and go to it (without climbing up). Do so until you are downstairs (without dying), and try to swing to 5 or more ropes. =D
Dark_Tundra

Post by Dark_Tundra »

Testing some Photoshoppery to draw in post-processing effects, 3 hours and 40 minutes later;
Before
Show
After
Show
PatriotBob

Post by PatriotBob »

What texture pack is that...
Dark_Tundra

Post by Dark_Tundra »

The texture pack is Derivation RPG by Levaunt, with a few small modifications I made myself.
Psion

Post by Psion »

Could whoever took the like... 25 minecarts in the ender chest in the nether please not do that? If you need iron, there's a perfectly good iron golem farm at minidobs. The minecarts are used so people can grab one in an ender chest at one end of the rail, use it to go to the other end, and put it back. They are for everyone's use for when they die and have to travel back to their base, and it sucks when there's no minecarts left in the chest, as was the case with me tonight. >:
FrostMcloud

Post by FrostMcloud »

Server is done and set up, if u want any custom lobbies let me know, I will have to give ppl permissions as they join tho. Connection info is:

edolas.teamspeak3.com
Password: edolians

Heres some rules I came up with, let me know if theres any you want to add, change or take away:
1. Connect with your IGN and only your IGN, if you are caught connecting with a false screen name repeatedly, you will be banned until further notice(Changing your name doesnt get you unbanned, thats not how it works)

2.Show common respect, no screaming or screaching, no out right insulting eachother or being pissy.

3.There is currently no age restriction, but if it is felt that a member is too young to hear certain language or conversations going on, that member will be moved to another channel, or the speakers themselves will be moved to another channel depending on the situation. Just remember guys, not all of us are over 18. :D

Thats it so far.

The requirments are:

1. To use the TS3 server, you must have Team Speak 3, found here: http://www.instantteamspeak.com/?OKEY=c ... hostbanner
Its completely free for the client, so no worries.

2. Not really a requirment so much as it is preferred that you have a mic, its cool if you dont though.

3. Be respectful to others.

4. Have fun ^_^

P.s. please dont give out the connection info to non forum users without permission first
Last edited by FrostMcloud on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Awesome stuff Frosty, very cool. =)

I do like voice communication in general, for one it means I can continue climbing ropes without falling down. :P Overall, it gives a bit more personality to a character/player.

Previously it was stated the Edolas does have a mumble server, but in all honesty it is a bit rubbish. The nice thing about that server, is that it has a 1000 slot limit. The bad thing, is that it is a mistake as the max limit (technically should be 15) is not set at all and can only be set by Multiplayer (set to max player count by default). As it is not set, I cannot change any settings either, because of the null value.. lol.

With this, we can setup channels for possible private parties or whatnot, and the general teamspeak settings are very nice for configuring voice/audio output. I for one will be connected to the teamspeak server when I play. =)
Mac

Post by Mac »

Cool,
might hop on and try out the new voice server once I get home from work tonight.
My Youtube channel.

FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Did not have time yesterday to update the server, will do so tonight.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

FrostMcloud wrote:Server is done and set up, if u want any custom lobbies let me know, I will have to give ppl permissions as they join tho.
Dude! Awesome stuff, i shall join and configure when i get home. Let the mass amounts of typing end! :D

Edit: Couldn't contain curiosity, signed up and all ready! (well other than the fact that i currently don't have access to my mic..)
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Minidobs

Post by Minidobs »

Just a quick note as to why I've been off the server for a while, minor problem with my laptop in that it has died, even the tech guys in a PC shop couldn't fix it, should be fixed by next week depending on how quickly the manufacturers can repair it :P (Face if you need any wood feel free to use my saw room or take the wood from the chests in there :P)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

And the server has been updated to 4.34.
Psion

Post by Psion »

OK, seriously? Who keeps stealing the minecarts inside the ender chest in the nether? Those aren't for you to just take and never put back, those were so people could grab a minecart from an ender chest at one end of their nether railway, ride it, and put it back in an ender chest on the other side. They are not for you to smelt down into iron armor. Go get your own.

After the first time 25ish of them disappeared, i went through the trouble of afking in the iron golem farm to make more so i could ride back to my base, and added another 20 or so. now all of those are gone as well.