Oh sweet Anarchy, I miss you ...

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
obl1terat1ion

Re: Oh sweet Anarchy, I miss you ...

Post by obl1terat1ion »

didn't have a whole lot of time to play on jaded's server... but now if i am able to get in i will have to make time!
FlowerChild wrote:Can't make an omelet without blowing up a few chickens.
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

Uuu. Sounds kinda nice :) So now we're getting more into some "official" stuff ^_^

And also interesting because few servers closed almost at same time :/
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Keep in mind guys: trusting the players is actually HUGELY important in anarchy play, as any form of cheating will quickly ruin the game.

Thus, we will have to be very selective about our white list and who we allow on the server.

Just keep in mind that desire to play might not be enough, so please don't get your hopes up too much. We will only likely be accepting long-term forum members in good standing, and only those that BOTH me and Battosay trust, to ensure the integrity of play.
mikeyagoto

Post by mikeyagoto »

This is very exciting! I love playing anarchy and BTW finally makes it interesting by making strongholds battlegrounds for the end and... GUNPOWDER!
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

Welp. This is exciting. Here's to hoping I might have a chance!

At any rate, someone who does get in should totally put up a LP for it so anyone who doesn't get in can feel somewhat included in the fun!
swedemon

Post by swedemon »

Damn it! Now I regret that I've only been leeching on the forum instead of joining this awsome community. (I've felt like I have nothing to contribute with :P)
Great jobb! This is really an amazing idea and I think it's going to be really awsome!

And Battosay. I'm really glad to see that you're working on a project. I've really been missing your let's plays and livestreams. I thought you were dead =( or even worse, stopped playing BTW ;)
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

tom_savage wrote:Welp. This is exciting. Here's to hoping I might have a chance!

At any rate, someone who does get in should totally put up a LP for it so anyone who doesn't get in can feel somewhat included in the fun!
While that would be super fun and all to watch someone(battosay mainly) to do an LP of an anarchy server, I believe the shortcomings of such a thing have already been discussed elsewhere. Namely being that the LP'er would be put at a huge disadvantage in the anarchy environment because said anarchy players will be watching said LP as well. And despite the fact that some are more willing to ignore locations and such, some anarchy players are.... less honorable than that. (not to mention, once you see the location of a base, it is very hard to pretend you don't see it when you pass by the area in which it should be located)
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

And the one guy willing to do it despite all the drawbacks has a computer that can't record a video and run minecraft at the same time without skipping.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

TheAnarchitect wrote:And the one guy willing to do it despite all the drawbacks has a computer that can't record a video and run minecraft at the same time without skipping.
So much of this. I've wanted to do a LP for the OCD BTW Player for some time, but my computer just can't cut it.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Whoop \o/

Great news! :)
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Hmm... I wonder if a clever LP recorder could conceal his base AND record if he did some preparation off-camera. Thanks to the way BTW plays out, once you get a fairly established base, you don't really have to leave it.

For example, if the LPer had a completely underground or underwater base, and mineshafts that didn't connect to the surface, and he had already lured animals into it, I don't think he would really have to leave.

And because of that, lets face it, shots of the inside of and underground bunker and shots of completely miscellaneous mineshafts aren't going to give away a base's location. I think the only way recording like this could expose the LPer would be if they breached into a cave or a known surface location while recording. Other than that, I think they could record without fear of exposure.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

You make a convincing point, splee. However, I s'pose it would be up to the would-be-LP'er to decide if it would be worth allllll that trouble to keep his base concealed just so that he could post a few videos on youtube.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Splee999 wrote:And because of that, lets face it, shots of the inside of and underground bunker and shots of completely miscellaneous mineshafts aren't going to give away a base's location. I think the only way recording like this could expose the LPer would be if they breached into a cave or a known surface location while recording. Other than that, I think they could record without fear of exposure.
That's exactly what I was about to do on Jade's server, but it closed before I could. I definitely will record some parts from the new server, while making sure I don't show anything that would tell people where my base is ;)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Battosay wrote:That's exactly what I was about to do on Jade's server, but it closed before I could. I definitely will record some parts from the new server, while making sure I don't show anything that would tell people where my base is ;)
Challenge accepted.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

Couldn't the LP'er just cut out any potential base revealing bits?
Arandia

Post by Arandia »

Well, that or hold onto the videos and only release them after a certain time period's up, and/or after their base gets raided/destroyed? Once the base is gone and s/he has to re-establish somewhere else anyways, they have nothing to lose by making it all public.
brab

Post by brab »

Arandia wrote:Well, that or hold onto the videos and only release them after a certain time period's up, and/or after their base gets raided/destroyed? Once the base is gone and s/he has to re-establish somewhere else anyways, they have nothing to lose by making it all public.
This would be great to advertise anarchy play: record while you play, and only release when it's not problematic anymore.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Oh man, having a shrine of sorts to store heads on from the people you have killed. Who is the most badass! :P
Now the question is, do you keep it hidden away or do you put it in a public display to taunt others. ^_^
Jeet

Post by Jeet »

I'm immensely interested in anarchy play, I've never really done any pvp except a brief bout in Ultima Online right before they nerfed the heck out of it.

Question to those that partake in this. Once your base is discovered (taken into account you survived the encounter), do you pack up and establish a new base, or do you already have sub bases established, or do you fortify and stay in your home sweet home?
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

FaceFoiled wrote:Oh man, having a shrine of sorts to store heads on from the people you have killed. Who is the most badass! :P
Now the question is, do you keep it hidden away or do you put it in a public display to taunt others. ^_^
You have a big tree that you attach all your collected heads onto--300 style.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

I'd like to think my trophy room will look similar to that of the Alien's in Predator 2 but realistically it'll probably be more useful as a cobweb generator since there's likely going to be nothing in there for a very long time.