Jeet Plays Better Than Wolves - Episode 10

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Jeet

Jeet Plays Better Than Wolves - Episode 10

Post by Jeet »

Well after a short break from recording a LP series with forge tech mods, I decided it was time to play me some Better Than Wolves. I tried once before when Better Then Buildcraft was out, but was not able to sustain doing multiple series, so I dropped BTB in favor of forge mods. (I know, I know, but I have repented).

With the lack of updates from a "certain" mod, I came back to Better Than Wolves and found to my delight all the new modes and updates FlowerChild has added to the mod. So I decided that I am dropping forge mods altogether on my channel (as well as personal play time) and will be recording only BTW content from here on out.

So join me in my adventures as I try to figure out this mod.

I'll keep the latest episode at the top of the post.

Episode 10: My own head!

Have a good one!
-Jeet
Last edited by Jeet on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 10 times in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Jeet Plays Better Than Wolves - Episode 0

Post by FlowerChild »

Cool stuff man! Congrats on your assimilation/conversion/mind-fungus :)
Jeet

Post by Jeet »

Thanks FC. I must say, even though I'm early on in the tech tree, I am loving the changes you've made so far. Keep up the good work and ignore the haters!

Have a good one!
-Jeet
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Welcome back Jeet. Good to see you coming back to BTW. :)
Wgurgh

Post by Wgurgh »

Hey man, so glad to see you back. I was really disappointed when you stopped them before, I enjoyed the opportunity to relive the discovery of this mod through your eyes. I kept checking your youtube page to see if you had anything new in the BTB part for over a month.

Anyhow, off to watch now.

Edit: Well, to answer your question, you aren't really THAT far in, my call would be to run with the world you are playing now. Yeah, we will miss the fun of you starving until you get going, but I am sure we will still get to see a lot of FUN things :P
Last edited by Wgurgh on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

awesome! glad to see your back. :)
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

My 2 cents on your question, do a world tour style first episode, maybe if you captured any cave exploration a montage or two, and then go from there. Frankly, how many times does one need to watch someone hand-grind, punch wood, etc.

Also, may I make a suggestion for the LP. If you haven't already, turn on Hardcore Spawn. It should make for some really fun episodes where you die and end up in a new location rushing to a compass to get back to your base, over and over ;)

It would also give you "filler" content instead of just having to focus on new builds and climbing the tech tree. The concept I see in my head reminds me of Coe's Quest and all his bases spread out over the world.
MechanicalYeti

Post by MechanicalYeti »

Ooh! I enjoyed the episodes you put out before, so I'm looking forward to watching you again. If it's anything like last time, I'm sure it'll be great!
tedium

Post by tedium »

Welcome back Jeet! I too enjoyed your previous attempts to play BTW, so I'll be sure to tune in and see what you get up to this time around.
FlowerChild makes heroes of us all, and gives us battle axes where we had swords weak as zombie paws.
Jeet

Post by Jeet »

Hey all, the first episode will go up as soon as I get power and Internet service up back at home. Sandy did a number on our power lines. Hopefully the power will be back by the time I get home from work today.
Jeet

Re: Jeet Plays Better Than Wolves - Episode 1

Post by Jeet »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7txrWSiT0Vk

The first episode is up, it's your standard starter episode.

World seed is 321Jeet123 and has a nice mountain area with a natural water rather high up near spawn. All hardcore modes are on, including spawn.

Thank you again FlowerChild for making this mod! You are the bestest.

-Jeet
Ungerbla

Re: Jeet Plays Better Than Wolves - Episode 1

Post by Ungerbla »

just watched Episode 2. its good stuff!
Yea
Jeet

Re: Jeet Plays Better Than Wolves - Episode 2

Post by Jeet »

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dLy3BinAr4 - Episode 2 up

Had fun on this one. I ended up recording almost 2 hours of footage without realizing it. I crammed it all into an hour.

I died this episode, and with hardcore spawn on, I was wisked away to an unknown area. And even though I rushed to to find iron and redstone, I found a temple in the jungle that I would have never found. Next time I die, and there will be a next time, I'm going to make an outpost base and explore a bit.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy!
Jeet

Re: Jeet Plays Better Than Wolves - Episode 3

Post by Jeet »

Episode 3: Windmill power, go! - Episode 3 is now up!

After a weird start, I get a windmill going and a place set up to collect dung from my wolves.

I'll be trying to keep episodes between 25 and 40 minutes so Walker does not have to endure my one hour marathon episodes ;)

Enjoy!
Arandia

Post by Arandia »

Hey Jeet,

I just watched your episode 2, good stuff!

... and I kinda hate to point this out, but you know how you dug a mile-long aqueduct to get water to meet lava for your obsidian? You know that even with hard-core buckets, buckets still work well enough to turn lava into obsidian, right? As in you might have to refill your bucket a few times, but it still works? Right?

Anyways, looking forward to episode 3 and keep it up.
Jeet

Post by Jeet »

I... did not know!

Thanks for pointing it out!
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

I still prefer building aqueducts since mining obsidian without constant water stream is pain in the ass because you're almost guaranteed to loose some obsidian in item form when it falls into lava.
Arandia

Post by Arandia »

... this is true.

That said, for me it really depends on how close water is to your lava to determine which method to use -- some lost obsidian is some lost mining time, but a huge aqueduct can be a lot *more* time. :-)
brab

Post by brab »

Arandia wrote:You know that even with hard-core buckets, buckets still work well enough to turn lava into obsidian, right? As in you might have to refill your bucket a few times, but it still works? Right?
You don't even need to refill it: if you right-click fast enough, you can get the block of water back, with some of it spilling in the lava (typically 2 or 3 blocks away).
Jeet

Post by Jeet »

brab wrote:You don't even need to refill it: if you right-click fast enough, you can get the block of water back, with some of it spilling in the lava (typically 2 or 3 blocks away).
I seem to remember that being a no-no. Seems a bit cheaty to me at least. I'll stick with making the aqueducts or routing water. It was more fun any how.

-Jeet
RezDev

Post by RezDev »

Jeet, just wanted to jump in here and say that I've been watching, and enjoying, your series as well.

Keep up the good work, man!
brab

Post by brab »

Jeet wrote:
brab wrote:You don't even need to refill it: if you right-click fast enough, you can get the block of water back, with some of it spilling in the lava (typically 2 or 3 blocks away).
I seem to remember that being a no-no. Seems a bit cheaty to me at least. I'll stick with making the aqueducts or routing water. It was more fun any how.
I did not know it was considered a cheat. But you're definitely right it's more fun that way.

I watched episodes 2 and 3 yesterday and really enjoyed them. Thanks for the videos!
Jeet

Re: Jeet Plays Better Than Wolves - Episode 6

Post by Jeet »

Jeet

Re: Jeet Plays Better Than Wolves - Episode 8

Post by Jeet »

A couple of farming type episodes to get your blood pumping. I must say i am enjoying this mod more and more everyday.

Episode 7: Automatic Vine Farm, Go!
Episode 8: Chicken Egg Farm, Go!
Jeet

Re: Jeet Plays Better Than Wolves - Episode 10

Post by Jeet »

Episodes 9 and 10 are up for viewing. Any feedback on the episode, content, builds, commentary, etc... are appreciated!

Thank you!

Episode 9: Monster Trap Station, Go!
Episode 10: My own head!

-Jeet