Thaumcraft 3?!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Extreme Boyheat

Re: Thaumcraft 3?!

Post by Extreme Boyheat »

Sarudak wrote:I think it's mostly because people don't really understand what they want... They don't know what keeps drawing them back to minecraft. They do however enjoy the feeling of power it gives them. At least temporarily.
Oh yeah absolutely, when I first got into minecraft EE was one of the mods I used.
Burnt out from the playing the game pretty quickly after that. :P
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

EE is definitely an interesting mod, and fun for the first playthrough, but it definitely does homogenize gameplay. You go from having to worry about your iron, diamond, wood, etc to just having to worry about emc, and past the beginning, you're really just waiting on condensers to make incredibly powerful equipment
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

Sarudak, I've continued our discussion on EE3 here.
nukularpower

Post by nukularpower »

FlowerChild wrote:
Sarudak wrote: The amount of resistance and backlash I've been getting out of the Hardcore changes has really hammered that point home for me. Some people get downright rabid when you try and reduce their in-game power.
The hardcore changes have quickly become one of my favorite parts of BTW. But if you're bored and curious how nasty that backlash can get, check out the Borderlands 2 forums sometime, specifically any thread mentioning the "Bee Shield". While it has nothing to do with Minecraft, it is an interesting look at just how radical people can get about negative adjustments to ingame power, no matter how justified the nerfs might be.